Kia Carnival Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone - we just got our SXP yesterday and are loving it! My one complaint is that it’s kind of awkward for the kids getting in and out because they are hitting the entertainment tablets in the second row when trying to get in. Has anyone successfully removed the tablets, or gotten any good covers for them? Thanks!

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
88 Posts
Someone on another carnival forum managed to unscrew the screens (6 screws) and unplug the wiring harness, but a sharp bracket continued to protrude from the seat and didn't seem removable. IMO, the way these screens are mounted looks like a cheap afterthought. Worse yet, on the SX trim, sliding the 2nd row seats forward to access the 3rd row causes the 2nd row headrest to slam into the screens if you're not careful to stop its momentum. Truly a poor execution of this idea.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Someone on another carnival forum managed to unscrew the screens (6 screws) and unplug the wiring harness, but a sharp bracket continued to protrude from the seat and didn't seem removable. IMO, the way these screens are mounted looks like a cheap afterthought. Worse yet, on the SX trim, sliding the 2nd row seats forward to access the 3rd row causes the 2nd row headrest to slam into the screens if you're not careful to stop its momentum. Truly a poor execution of this idea.
Thanks for the insights. A definite bummer. I wish it had just come with one mounted in the ceiling 😕

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
88 Posts
Thanks for the insights. A definite bummer. I wish it had just come with one mounted in the ceiling 😕
Yeah, we are simply going to have tolerate them. I would have preferred the EX if it had included ventilated seats and the 360 degree cameras.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
88 Posts
Here's the removal procedure. I tried it tonight and it takes a grand total of 3 minutes. It is also clear that the back plastic panel of the seat needs to be removed to access the bolts that hold the mounting bracket, but I don't yet have the instructions to remove that panel. I'll report back as soon as I do!

And here is the rear plastic panel removal from the same thread! If only I scrolled down...

I'm doing this immediately after work tomorrow. Bye bye screens that are always in the way!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here's the removal procedure. I tried it tonight and it takes a grand total of 3 minutes. It is also clear that the back plastic panel of the seat needs to be removed to access the bolts that hold the mounting bracket, but I don't yet have the instructions to remove that panel. I'll report back as soon as I do!

And here is the rear plastic panel removal from the same thread! If only I scrolled down...

I'm doing this immediately after work tomorrow. Bye bye screens that are always in the way!
They're totally worthless. I tried getting them to work with airplay for 30min yesterday using the RSE Remote app and an iphone with on-device movies. Wouldn't play. I may try the lightning cable->HDMI input and just wire my kids' devices. If that proves too difficult or doesn't work, the screens are coming off. Such a disappointment.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
88 Posts
They're totally worthless. I tried getting them to work with airplay for 30min yesterday using the RSE Remote app and an iphone with on-device movies. Wouldn't play. I may try the lightning cable->HDMI input and just wire my kids' devices. If that proves too difficult or doesn't work, the screens are coming off. Such a disappointment.
Yeah, "screen mirroring", "Casting", or "Air Play" all seem to be hit and miss on these things. The built in apps work well enough though as long as you have an internet connection. Great for older kids who can navigate the menus with ease. Not so great for a toddler. I took mine off and as a side benefit, it is MUCH easier to climb into the 2nd row now without bumping those stupid screens. Plus the front passenger can finally push the seat back a bit for more comfort without the screen bumping into the rear facing child seat. The whole process only takes 10 minutes and you only need a single Philips head screwdriver, so if I ever need them again, I'll just reinstall, good as new!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts