Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy!
Purchased the 22 with the lounge seats. And I can’t stand how little room it leave for my three Littles to get in and out of the third row.
Has anyone had any luck removing the arm rests so that there is more room to wiggle through the middle?!?
I was able to remove the tablet screens which has helped. Which was my first interaction with the Kia service center. They told me it couldn’t be done even tho I was watching a YouTube on how to do it. I was SO upset. Hoping the rest of their service isn’t like that...

· Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
738 Posts
Howdy!
Purchased the 22 with the lounge seats. And I can’t stand how little room it leave for my three Littles to get in and out of the third row.
Has anyone had any luck removing the arm rests so that there is more room to wiggle through the middle?!?
I was able to remove the tablet screens which has helped. Which was my first interaction with the Kia service center. They told me it couldn’t be done even tho I was watching a YouTube on how to do it. I was SO upset. Hoping the rest of their service isn’t like that...
In their defense, they are not taught how to modify or remove standard equipment. What you are doing is just a hack that owners discovered. Ironically, it appears you are trying to remove some of the key differentiating features of the SX prestige. Maybe you should have chosen a different trim lol.

As for those armrests, I'm sure anything can be removed if you have the right tools and ingenuity. Someone else on this forum figured out how to remove the seats entirely even though they are not designed to be removed.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In their defense, they are not taught how to modify or remove standard equipment. What you are doing is just a hack that owners discovered. Ironically, it appears you are trying to remove some of the key differentiating features of the SX prestige. Maybe you should have chosen a different trim lol.

As for those armrests, I'm sure anything can be removed if you have the right tools and ingenuity. Someone else on this forum figured out how to remove the seats entirely even though they are not designed to be removed.
Absolutely! Now that I’ve driven it for a few weeks and after the fact realized that you can order the 23 Prestige with the bench seats I’m actively trying to find one to trade. I feel like I’m gonna pay stupid money to swap out but it is what it is 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

· Registered
2022 SX-Prestige in Astral Blue
137 Posts
Absolutely! Now that I’ve driven it for a few weeks and after the fact realized that you can order the 23 Prestige with the bench seats I’m actively trying to find one to trade. I feel like I’m gonna pay stupid money to swap out but it is what it is 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️
Yeah. I’m not quite ready for that but the thought has crossed my mind.

· Registered
7 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Got a 22 prestige the first moment I could in 2021, and I have 3 kids. Wanted prestige because of the digital dash and safety features, didn't care for the lounge seats but have no choice.

Since we don't use the second captain seat, I just have the tilt of that captain seat as far forward as possible and it gives them more room to squeeze in the back. But definitely not ideal.

· Registered
2022 SX-Prestige in Astral Blue
137 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Got a 22 prestige the first moment I could in 2021, and I have 3 kids. Wanted prestige because of the digital dash and safety features, didn't care for the lounge seats but have no choice.

Since we don't use the second captain seat, I just have the tilt of that captain seat as far forward as possible and it gives them more room to squeeze in the back. But definitely not ideal.
Yeah, we have the 4 year old in his front-facing seat and the 4 month old in her rear-facing one and don't really worry about the rear ones most of the time. I do love how the VIP Lounge seats can be pushed towards the middle though - just a little bit of extra protection in a side crash. But all their other benefits (recline, heating, etc.) are completely wasted on little kids in car seats - ha.

They really only negatively affect me when family comes to town and we need to haul grandparents too, which is 3-4 times per year max. In those cases, I have to move the seats outward and let people climb in over the baby seat base before I load her in, and it's still a tight/awkward fit.

· Registered
2022 KIA Carnival EX
27 Posts
Best guess: Follow this post and test the theory.The following picture shows that the cap could be popped off with a flat head screw driver. The inside arm rests should be installed the same as the outside.
Can someone try this and let us know how it works out?
Car Window Automotive design Head restraint Seat belt

· Registered
12 Posts
SX prestige is for a 4 members family with kids atleast 7 years. 3 rd row is only for rare use. In my case, i have a 15 years son and a 8 years daughter. Its a perfect vehicle for them as most of our trips are between 9 hours to 15 hours. The VIP lounge seats gives a good rest for them. Like a first class flight ticket. They watch their own program. Big age gap. We use the 3rd only when someone joins us for short trips. Most of the time the 3rd row will be down to use the full extent of VIP seats. It extends more when the 3rd seat is down. Definitely SXP is not a car for small kids and frequent use of 3rd row. Better to swap it now itself, as the market for second hand is still good. If you are going for 8 seaters, understand that the handrest is the middle is seat. If the middle seat is removed or not used, then i belive there is not handrest. It comes with its own disadvantages. But accessing the 3rd row is easy with 8 seats. It does not give the feel of reclining and comfort. SXP is definitely not for daily use, office commute, due to its interior body. More dust more will be the scratch, finger prints. Its a class vehicle and shohld be used for leisure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts