Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a roof cross rack system anyone has found that works other than the one kia is trying to sell me for $556.00? I just bought an SX that has the rails, but need the cross bars to hook up my basket. Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is there a roof cross rack system anyone has found that works other than the one kia is trying to sell me for $556.00? I just bought an SX that has the rails, but need the cross bars to hook up my basket. Thanks!
Just search "universal crossbar set " , should be around $ 100.

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These look like what I need, but I wasn't sure if it would be an exact fit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
These look like what I need, but I wasn't sure if it would be an exact fit.
NO those are for flush mount rails on the old Sedona whereas we (SX+) have raised rails.

I'm looking too...should be able to find off the shelf crossbars that are at least 46" apart. There are some cheaper ones on Amazon that might be worth a try.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Anyone buy a set that can confirm fit?
Yes. I purchased one on eBay for $140 for my SX. It came from Istanbul, but I received it in less than 5 days to PA. They accidentally sent me the wrong one (a PAW brand when I ordered the Turtle brand), but they quickly corrected the issue and allowed me to keep both. I went with them because they specifically advertised for the Kia Carnival 2021+. Both brands fit perfectly. I like that the crossbars slide into the endcaps rather than some I’ve seen with premeasured slots. I feel like those are not a guaranteed fit even though they claim to be universal; I could be wrong. The price was a little higher than I wished, but in the end I got two (a rare case) so I’m not complaining. Definitely better than paying +/- $500 for Kia’s. Plus these are very nice looking and come with a key locking mechanism. Very easy to put together.

I decided to keep the PAW brand I initially tested out and see how it goes when I mount the 64” roof cargo basket on it. I’m keeping the turtle brand as a spare for now. Love how low profile these look in comparison to the tall ones I’ve seen Kia sell. Dying to get my 36” pink cross bar pads to add my extra sporty touch.

link to eBay Paw brand:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes. I purchased one on eBay for $140 for my SX. It came from Istanbul, but I received it in less than 5 days to PA. They accidentally sent me the wrong one (a PAW brand when I ordered the Turtle brand), but they quickly corrected the issue and allowed me to keep both. I went with them because they specifically advertised for the Kia Carnival 2021+. Both brands fit perfectly. I like that the crossbars slide into the endcaps rather than some I’ve seen with premeasured slots. I feel like those are not a guaranteed fit even though they claim to be universal; I could be wrong. The price was a little higher than I wished, but in the end I got two (a rare case) so I’m not complaining. Definitely better than paying +/- $500 for Kia’s. Plus these are very nice looking and come with a key locking mechanism. Very easy to put together.

I decided to keep the PAW brand I initially tested out and see how it goes when I mount the 64” roof cargo basket on it. I’m keeping the turtle brand as a spare for now. Love how low profile these look in comparison to the tall ones I’ve seen Kia sell. Dying to get my 36” pink cross bar pads to add my extra sporty touch.

link to eBay Paw brand:
View attachment 281 View attachment 282 View attachment 283 View attachment 284

Have a link to the turtle brand?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have a link to the turtle brand?
Technically it was that same link I think. They had turtle pictures and info at first and I guess changed all the post info after the issue with my order. Regardless it’s the same seller. You could try contacting the seller from the link on my previous post and see what they tell you or if they can direct you to another link.

I’ve found other sellers from Germany that sell the turtle brand, but are for the Kia carnival 2015-2020 models. I want to say it should fit just fine, but that’s something you’d have to ask them directly and find out for sure. They do run for $189 however. Still better than Kia’s.

FYI, If you’re patient, I’ve noticed on eBay that if you put things in your cart for at least 24 hours, it’s likely their system will notify the seller of your interest and send you an automatic offer of 5-15% off the item. Or you can have a conversation with the seller personally and see if they’re willing to make you a deal. Mine was originally $189 also and after my questions they offered to sell at $160, but eventually was able to get them down to $140. Good luck!

Here’s the link to the Germany seller:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am concerned that I will not be able to open the sunroof if I get crossbars for my bike rack!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am concerned that I will not be able to open the sunroof if I get crossbars for my bike rack!
Honestly I wouldn’t be necessarily concerned. I don’t have the SX-P, I have an SX, however, the cross bars I got I was able to Install however far apart, forward, and backward I wanted to. Just see how far apart the bike rack suggests for the cross bars to be and then go from there. Measure out the roof rails distance with the sunroof open from where the sunroof ends (while open) to about an inch away from where the roof rails’ openings end towards the rear of the car. If that works for you then you’re good.

You can also just measure how high the sunroof is when it’s open and if it gets any higher while opening (like a quick incline while getting into position), and see if all of this is even an issue at all. Crossbars usually add a little height so it’s possible you may not even have anything to worry about. If anything just purchase crossbars that are returnable just in case. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
64 Posts
/Users/stevejohanson/Downloads/IMG_4514.jpg
I will have to order wider crossbars-(these cheap amazon bars were only 46" wide) I am hoping the new ones will allow the sunroof to open on the front. The rear sunroof is not a problem as it goes in the roof.

·
Registered
1 Posts

link to eBay Paw brand:
[/URL]
View attachment 281 View attachment 282 View attachment 283 View attachment 284
So, I'm new to the Carnival. In fact, my wife and I are making a 2.5 hour drive tomorrow to pick hers up. I currently have an 09 Highlander with Yakima crossbars. We are picking up an SX Carnival. Does anyone know if the dimensions on my current Yakima crossbars will match up with the Carnival?? I'll have to check when I pick it up but was hoping to have a good idea if my current crossbars will fit the new Carnival.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX Prestige
34 Posts
Technically it was that same link I think. They had turtle pictures and info at first and I guess changed all the post info after the issue with my order. Regardless it’s the same seller. You could try contacting the seller from the link on my previous post and see what they tell you or if they can direct you to another link.

I’ve found other sellers from Germany that sell the turtle brand, but are for the Kia carnival 2015-2020 models. I want to say it should fit just fine, but that’s something you’d have to ask them directly and find out for sure. They do run for $189 however. Still better than Kia’s.

FYI, If you’re patient, I’ve noticed on eBay that if you put things in your cart for at least 24 hours, it’s likely their system will notify the seller of your interest and send you an automatic offer of 5-15% off the item. Or you can have a conversation with the seller personally and see if they’re willing to make you a deal. Mine was originally $189 also and after my questions they offered to sell at $160, but eventually was able to get them down to $140. Good luck!

Here’s the link to the Germany seller:

I bought this set. Fits perfectly and look amazing. Only cons is the noise they cause but otherwise great product.

·
Registered
50 Posts
So, I'm new to the Carnival. In fact, my wife and I are making a 2.5 hour drive tomorrow to pick hers up. I currently have an 09 Highlander with Yakima crossbars. We are picking up an SX Carnival. Does anyone know if the dimensions on my current Yakima crossbars will match up with the Carnival?? I'll have to check when I pick it up but was hoping to have a good idea if my current crossbars will fit the new Carnival.
Called Yakima and they suggested the Timberline towers (set of 4) with 60 inch jet stream crossbars. Don't have my car yet so I can't tell you how they would fit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts