Kia Carnival Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought this set. Fits perfectly and look amazing. Only cons is the noise they cause but otherwise great product.
Yes, and I added pads on mine so it’s a bit louder, but I don’t mind it at all. Great white noise to knock out the kids on road trips. LOL. (It’s really not that bad)

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX Prestige
45 Posts
Yes, and I added pads on mine so it’s a bit louder, but I don’t mind it at all. Great white noise to knock out the kids on road trips. LOL. (It’s really not that bad)
HAHAHAHA!!!!! Yeah, that's the positive side, I know is not that bad (if you have the sunroof closed) :)

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got these crossbars and tried to install them but, the pads don’t go under the rails. Did you have this issue?

has anyone else bought these crossbars? Kind of a waste of money to return it as it came from Turkey.Pretty sure shipping is going to cost as much as the crossbars.

many help is greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I got these crossbars and tried to install them but, the pads don’t go under the rails. Did you have this issue?

has anyone else bought these crossbars? Kind of a waste of money to return it as it came from Turkey.Pretty sure shipping is going to cost as much as the crossbars.

I believe someone on this forum (or the FB Kia carnival group) ordered from eBay, received the wrong cross bars and they sent him the right per and told him to keep the other one. Search this forum for cross bars, read the history and you will find it. If you bought from the same place they seem to have decent customer service.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I believe someone on this forum (or the FB Kia carnival group) ordered from eBay, received the wrong cross bars and they sent him the right per and told him to keep the other one. Search this forum for cross bars, read the history and you will find it. If you bought from the same place they seem to have decent customer service.
I read that somewhere on here too. Might have been in the earlier part of the thread. I’m going to email the seller tomorrow and see what they say. Hopefully it works!

looks like the clamp is too shallow/small for the rail. Hopefully I can get it cleared up!
Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts

I had no problem at all with mine. This link I sent is the ones I bought. You may be putting it on without loosening them up? There’s an Allen key that comes with it for you to loosen them up and place them accordingly on your roof rack. I placed mine about 2-3 inches away from where the racks become one with the roof of the car. No problem at all.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had no problem at all with mine. This link I sent is the ones I bought. You may be putting it on without loosening them up? There’s an Allen key that comes with it for you to loosen them up and place them accordingly on your roof rack. I placed mine about 2-3 inches away from where the racks become one with the roof of the car. No problem at all.
Just tried it again with no luck. The clamps do not fit around the rail for a tight fit. Everytime I try to tighten the clamp, it just pushes against the angle of the rail and slide up. I’m going to contact the seller and see if I can get a replacement or something. Hopefully I have good luck like the other carnival member!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just tried it again with no luck. The clamps do not fit around the rail for a tight fit. Everytime I try to tighten the clamp, it just pushes against the angle of the rail and slide up. I’m going to contact the seller and see if I can get a replacement or something. Hopefully I have good luck like the other carnival member!
Definitely contact them. If it’s the same people I got mine from they May ask for pictures of the issue, and if it’s not user error, they will send one free and if you get lucky like I did, they even let you keep the other one. Like you said, it’s too much to send back. If they don’t get back to you quickly, leave them a negative review with your complaint, they will get back to you within 24 hours and give you what you need at their expense in exchange for a positive review. 😉

·
Registered
10 Posts
They finally responded
New message from: colorndrivegmbh (1,174Red Star)
Hello,
Sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, our product didn't fit with your car. Your cross bar is not regular.
Regards

I guess I’m in the market for a new crossbar. Lol
Does anyone know how much the oem ones are?

·
Registered
128 Posts
540 for OEM ones
I would contact a dealership in your area and ask for a quote. Make sure to ask if their quote includes installation and what the price is for the crossbars without it. I believe you will find that installation of crossbars is not complicated and you may be able to save some money.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The seller actually got back to me and sent me a different set of towers. Installed them and the Thule roof cargo that night. lol

So far so good! Driven it on the highway and streets and have no complaints with noise or anything. I’m driving cross country in a couple weeks. Hopefully it holds up!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts