Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the USB ports on the rear screen successfully? I have tried multiple USBs with either movies and/or music on them and I cannot even open USB. I just an error that says "this feature is currently unavailable". I have made sure the files are in approved formats and have tried the usb being in after starting and before starting. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m running into a similar problem I had a 32GB Samsung 3.1 usb drive for all my kids movies and shows it’s been working fine for months but he wanted to add 7 seasons of Peppa Pig so I had to upgrade to a 64 GB version of the same drive and I received the error you mentioned above. I believe it might be a size limitation but why is it limited anyway? 🤦‍♂️😡

can others confirm they have drives bigger than 32GB working?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’m running into a similar problem I had a 32GB Samsung 3.1 usb drive for all my kids movies and shows it’s been working fine for months but he wanted to add 7 seasons of Peppa Pig so I had to upgrade to a 64 GB version of the same drive and I received the error you mentioned above. I believe it might be a size limitation but why is it limited anyway? 🤦‍♂️😡

can others confirm they have drives bigger than 32GB working?
Yes, I have a 128gb now working. I had to reformat the usb flash drive to NTFS. The manual will also mention FAT32 but that will not be an option for any usb over 32gb. After reformat it worked fine other than some of my avi files. I had to convert those to mp4. It wasn't all of them so not really sure why some worked and others didn't. Here is the one I used.
SAMSUNG FIT Plus USB 3.1 Flash Drive 128GB - (MUF-128AB/AM) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07D7PD...abc_FP88B6ZX8WP6XDAREFF2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, I have a 128gb now working. I had to reformat the usb flash drive to NTFS. The manual will also mention FAT32 but that will not be an option for any usb over 32gb. After reformat it worked fine other than some of my avi files. I had to convert those to mp4. It wasn't all of them so not really sure why some worked and others didn't. Here is the one I used.
SAMSUNG FIT Plus USB 3.1 Flash Drive 128GB - (MUF-128AB/AM) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07D7PD...abc_FP88B6ZX8WP6XDAREFF2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I’m happy to report tha advice from ewersmb02 worked I reformatted to NTFS and it worked great. Thanks buddy 👌

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.