Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

my wife needs to pick up the kids at school and the spare key fob isn’t getting picked up by the van.

she said the car is telling her “press engine start with key”

just wondering if there was a quick remedy or a key insert to get the car started.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, we’ve never used this key fob before so I doubt its the battery. Also the red light blinks on it when pressing the button.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Also, we’ve never used this key fob before so I doubt its the battery. Also the red light blinks on it when pressing the button.
Don't have a good suggestion for you but given the urgency I would call the dealership and/or Kia and hopefully they can guide you how to resolve it without going back to them

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't have a good suggestion for you but given the urgency I would call the dealership and/or Kia and hopefully they can guide you how to resolve it without going back to them
I did. Unfortunately all they can suggest is bringing the car in or call AAA. I just had my sister come down in a hurry to get them.

Thanks for the reply! I’ll update when I find a solution just in case it happens to anyone else

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I’m here at Kia, and it seems like the give me the wrong spare key. My spare is for a completely different car. To add on top of that, the car manual in the glove is for a different car! SMH.

How do you f*ck that up?!

Just glad there wasn’t an emergency for one on the kids(4 year old boys and a new born).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts