Kia Carnival Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Finnian Kia in IA is also selling at MSRP. I asked about shipping to Northern California (where I reside), and they quoted $1,300... Which is lower than most dealer markups!!

Of course you'll likely be waiting a while for your Carnival due to the supply issues.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bob Rohrman Kia in Schaumburg, IL is selling at MSRP w/ no dealer accessories + extra $150 doc charge for out of state customers. I checked with Amerifreight for transport, and it'll cost about $1100 to Calif. I live in the Bay Area. The clowns at Stevens Creek (San Jose) and Winn (Fremont) wanted like $5k~$8k over MSRP. Stevens Creek dealers are known to be sleazy tho, so I'm not surprised.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Bob Rohrman Kia in Schaumburg, IL is selling at MSRP w/ no dealer accessories + extra $150 doc charge for out of state customers. I checked with Amerifreight for transport, and it'll cost about $1100 to Calif. I live in the Bay Area. The clowns at Stevens Creek (San Jose) and Winn (Fremont) wanted like $5k~$8k over MSRP. Stevens Creek dealers are known to be sleazy tho, so I'm not surprised.
Yeah I don't like the folks at Stevens Creek at all!

We just picked up our SX from Capitol Kia this evening. Mark-up for us was only $2K but that's because I've been communicating with them on the Carnival since last November. It's now up to $4K. Last I heard Valley Kia in Modesto had $2K mark-up.

Availability is going to be your biggest challenge, especially if you're fixed on a specific trim/color like we were. Best to get your refundable deposits down at multiple dealerships because all new deliveries are already been spoken for weeks before they get to the lot.

Good luck! If you do go check out Capitol Kia ask for Cisco Gonzalez. He's the one I've been communicating with since November and has been fantastic throughout the entire process. Let him know Shameel recommend him to you. He'll know who I am.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah I don't like the folks at Stevens Creek at all!

We just picked up our SX from Capitol Kia this evening. Mark-up for us was only $2K but that's because I've been communicating with them on the Carnival since last November. It's now up to $4K. Last I heard Valley Kia in Modesto had $2K mark-up.

Availability is going to be your biggest challenge, especially if you're fixed on a specific trim/color like we were. Best to get your refundable deposits down at multiple dealerships because all new deliveries are already been spoken for weeks before they get to the lot.

Good luck! If you do go check out Capitol Kia ask for Cisco Gonzalez. He's the one I've been communicating with since November and has been fantastic throughout the entire process. Let him know Shameel recommend him to you. He'll know who I am.
Ah, I was going to say if it's $2k, then I might consider them. I'd basically be paying an extra $850ish to save myself from waiting 3 to 4 months, which isn't bad. But at $4k, that's nearly an extra $3k. I could do a lot w/ that. Thanks for the tip though.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts