Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This seems impossible. Trying the navigation updater software I login and it says no vehicles registered even though my car is on the kia website. I click signup later and go to my car. I selection the thumb drive of a formatted exFAT system as it exactly tells me to do so. Click next and updates are unavailable. So I guess their updater just doesn't work. Ok ill do it manually. I go to the website , select gen2v and select the only carnival download they have. Website tells me to put the zip file onto a FAT32 formatted thumb drive instead so I do. Go to my car and it says no update files. Tried putting the zip file back onto an exFAT formatted drive and still no update files. What else am I supposed to do to get this to work?

·
Registered
42 Posts
This seems impossible. Trying the navigation updater software I login and it says no vehicles registered even though my car is on the kia website. I click signup later and go to my car. I selection the thumb drive of a formatted exFAT system as it exactly tells me to do so. Click next and updates are unavailable. So I guess their updater just doesn't work. Ok ill do it manually. I go to the website , select gen2v and select the only carnival download they have. Website tells me to put the zip file onto a FAT32 formatted thumb drive instead so I do. Go to my car and it says no update files. Tried putting the zip file back onto an exFAT formatted drive and still no update files. What else am I supposed to do to get this to work?
The navigation update was available 4/28, but if you didn’t get it by 5/2, you’ll find it’s temporarily unavailable due to a server issue. You’ll have to check back on or after 5/12.

Sorry you wasted time downloading and trying the Display Audio update… that’s the one for non-navigation systems. If you have navigation, that isn’t for you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The navigation update was available 4/28, but if you didn’t get it by 5/2, you’ll find it’s temporarily unavailable due to a server issue. You’ll have to check back on or after 5/12.

Sorry you wasted time downloading and trying the Display Audio update… that’s the one for non-navigation systems. If you have navigation, that isn’t for you.
Oh great. So does anyone have the update files from downloading it from the software before they pulled it?

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
569 Posts
Oh great. So does anyone have the update files from downloading it from the software before they pulled it?
I do, but I gotta be honest. It's not worth uploading and hosting 30+ GB of data when the update will likely be available in 3 more days.

I will say this though, the wide screen update to AA wasn't nearly as life changing as I thought it would be. If anything, it's actually less functional than the split screen mode Kia programmed because with AA widescreen enabled, I can no longer have GMaps running and see Radio/SAT info at the same time. I'm thinking about disabling it and going back to Kia's split-screen feature.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I do, but I gotta be honest. It's not worth uploading and hosting 30+ GB of data when the update will likely be available in 3 more days.

I will say this though, the wide screen update to AA wasn't nearly as life changing as I thought it would be. If anything, it's actually less functional than the split screen mode Kia programmed because with AA widescreen enabled, I can no longer have GMaps running and see Radio/SAT info at the same time. I'm thinking about disabling it and going back to Kia's split-screen feature.
I completely agree!! I updated it and I like it less. I use Waze and that 1/3 of a screen is useless because I don't listen to on-device music. On a happy note, we can no longer blame Kia for not letting us go full screen, its 100% directed at Google now and their terrible design of Android Auto.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts