Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My check engine light has been on (not flashing...yet) and the earliest my dealer in Va. Bch. can get me in is late October? I kind of resolved myself that there was no controlling that so good bye free inspection and oil change so I had my personal professional mechanic do it for me. Now today, while at a stop light I noticed the car was shimmying and shaking a lot...a whole lot! Felt like I was in a wind storm, except there was zero wind? After some research it appears to be a couple of things, most likely bad fuel injector or engine mount? I was curious if anyone else is having this issue. Of course, they still can't check my vehicle until Mid October so I hope it does not blow up by then? They said if the light is flashing then they would get to it asap but if the check engine light stays on it can wait...really?

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
680 Posts
My check engine light has been on (not flashing...yet) and the earliest my dealer in Va. Bch. can get me in is late October? I kind of resolved myself that there was no controlling that so good bye free inspection and oil change so I had my personal professional mechanic do it for me. Now today, while at a stop light I noticed the car was shimmying and shaking a lot...a whole lot! Felt like I was in a wind storm, except there was zero wind? After some research it appears to be a couple of things, most likely bad fuel injector or engine mount? I was curious if anyone else is having this issue. Of course, they still can't check my vehicle until Mid October so I hope it does not blow up by then? They said if the light is flashing then they would get to it asap but if the check engine light stays on it can wait...really?
Check with another dealer to see if you can get in sooner. You don't have to only book with the place where you purchased.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts