Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is long day.

I flight to Ottawa and drive Carnival back for almost 500 kilometre.
I will show my first impression as bellows, both good and bad, also have questions

What I like mostly is ADAS and Cruise control. I am surprised they work very well, better than my 2018 Audi Q5. They made me feel drive 5 hours highway so easy, so comfortable.

Generally, driving high way made me more satisfy than driving local.

Question: when I was driving on highway, I found the top of second row Capitain chair are shaking. Not sure if it is normal. Because no other people in the car.

What I don’t like:
When I drive local not that fast, I can felt some annoying things come from steering wheel. It is kind of pressure or kind of blocking. I Felt cheap material movement passing to my hand. I drived Audi Q5 and Golf and never had this feeling. I doubt if I need to do alignment.

I will keep update photo and more experienc later.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: maybe found answer here
“The Kia rides comfortably enough, but it feels a bit too firm, and unloaded with just one passenger, it bounces around. Luckily for the Kia, the Sienna's busy and choppy ride is worse. The Toyota does have better steering feel, as the Carnival's tiller is overboosted. Neither offers much if any fun behind the wheel, but if the Carnival's ride and handling were ever so slightly improved, Kia's van would be on its way to fully transcending the segment.”

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
399 Posts
I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to describe with the steering wheel while driving around town. The first thought that comes to mind though is you may still have active lane assist turned on. This means the car is still trying to drive so you will feel the steering wheel move even though you think you're in control. Try turning it off and see if that changes your perception.

·
Super Moderator
332 Posts
Update: maybe found answer here
“The Kia rides comfortably enough, but it feels a bit too firm, and unloaded with just one passenger, it bounces around. Luckily for the Kia, the Sienna's busy and choppy ride is worse. The Toyota does have better steering feel, as the Carnival's tiller is overboosted. Neither offers much if any fun behind the wheel, but if the Carnival's ride and handling were ever so slightly improved, Kia's van would be on its way to fully transcending the segment.”

Congratulations!

Others have found that the tires weren't balanced correctly from the factory which can lead to some vibration. Seats shouldn't rattle at all, so you might want to get that checked out. Also, I can say for our SXP, I've never felt anything like you describe in terms of the steering wheel feel.

And plus one to @UN-Limited for disabling driver assisted controls to see if that makes a difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts