Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just got my Canadian Carnival SX this week. Coming from my previous car that had a digital speedometer in the center, I find the SX cluster not easy to read. I've already changed the cluster theme to dynamic in order to get digital readings of speed and RPM, but I don't see any options for showing anything interesting in the middle of the two.

Is there a way to get the speed right in the middle?

I'm a bit disappointed that the cluster is fully digital, but there is very little customizations available. I don't know what's the point of the RPM gauge for example and I would much prefer to see something more useful there, but there doesn't seem to be anything available.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's odd, you're right. You can have speedometer in center with regular display, but not in dynamic. I just leave the van pic in center, and it's a LKAS indicator in this mode, but not super useful feature, as LKAS, is also indicated above to the right.

I would also like speedo in center, in dynamic mode of course.

Hopefully they will update the software with customer feedback as time goes by....like canceling a route in Navi should be on the map screen, you can pause or resume, but you have to go to menu screen to cancel the route...that took me a week to figure out, lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You mean there is a way to show the speedometer in the center if I don't use the dynamic view? How?

I haven't yet driven much in the dynamic view, other than the digital readings is there an advantage to it?

It's odd, you're right. You can have speedometer in center with regular display, but not in dynamic.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Going from memory, but I think you can have speedometer in dynamic mode too...I may have spoken to quickly. I like dynamic because I don't really care for a big round tachometer...the dynamic is just a simpler, calmer? Display that I kind of like.

Here's a clip from the manual about what can be displayed..and a pic of my setup, without speedo.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found it, thanks a lot! I didn't realize I have to switch modes first and then use the keys to go up/down, so I only saw the trip info...I feel dumb now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Van has a lot of adjustments, so its hard to grasp it all in a few days...enjoy the van, take care.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts