Kia Carnival Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm very interested in the SX-P trim level, but those 2nd row VIP seats are kind of a deal breaker for me as for my three small kids I clearly prefer the 2nd row bench and the option to turn the 2nd row around to face the 3rd row for those longer trips. Now, unfortunately Kia doesn't offer the SX-P with 2nd row bench, but do you think this somehow could be retrofitted? Ok, seat stitching patterns and material would be a bit different, but I probably could live with this... Plus, I'd hope to find someone to swap wheels with, clearly prefer those silver rims over the black ones. 馃槃

Thanks, Insel-Peter

Registered
I see that you're registered in Germany per your handle (unless using VPN). Not sure what the European models offer as different markets have been getting slightly different trims and options.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see that you're registered in Germany per your handle (unless using VPN). Not sure what the European models offer as different markets have been getting slightly different trims and options.
Hi juggernaut27,
Indeed being registered in Germany where Kia doesn't sell the Carnival at all and has no plans doing so. But, I'm planning on moving to the US hence my interest in US models.

Registered
Hi juggernaut27,
Indeed being registered in Germany where Kia doesn't sell the Carnival at all and has no plans doing so. But, I'm planning on moving to the US hence my interest in US models.
Gotcha! I believe the seat tracks are different from the SX to SX-P so probably would not accomodate "retro-fitting" bench seats into the SX-P. Also, US models did not get the option to turn around the 2nd row seats that were seen in some of the videos from the Asian market launches

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gotcha! I believe the seat tracks are different from the SX to SX-P so probably would not accomodate "retro-fitting" bench seats into the SX-P
Indeed, tracks are different, in the SX-P those for the middle seat are missing plus those for the outer seats are of a different style and somewhat more outward, so this possibly means changing part of the floor. Question is, how much of work and effort and cost would that be - and of course, whether this could be done at all... But assuming that Kia is making manufacturing as easy and modular as possible for them, I trust it could.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts