Kia Carnival Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
What I find interesting is all the SX's on the web listed as "Prestige". The $42K list is your first tip off it's misnamed. If they show the window sticker that proves it's mislabeled. I rushed over to a dealership and learned my mistake not reading between the lines!

·
Registered
22 Posts
What I find interesting is all the SX's on the web listed as "Prestige". The $42K list is your first tip off it's misnamed. If they show the window sticker that proves it's mislabeled. I rushed over to a dealership and learned my mistake not reading between the lines!
yes very annoying. Autotrader has trims of LX, EX and SX Prestige. They are missing SX! Carguru doesn't even have Carnival as a model yet for new cars.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sad thing is some people are being mislead and purchasing them

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone seen a prestige with the lighter gray seats? Or do we think that the only two options are black and orange? We placed an order previously for a white ext with gray interior, but wondering if it's going to show up with black interior.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Has anyone seen a prestige with the lighter gray seats? Or do we think that the only two options are black and orange? We placed an order previously for a white ext with gray interior, but wondering if it's going to show up with black interior.
The window stickers will list them as gray, but they are black or off-black seats. I stopped by our local Kia dealership and they had a Carnival booklet. It's actually listed as "off-black" in there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The window stickers will list them as gray, but they are black or off-black seats. I stopped by our local Kia dealership and they had a Carnival booklet. It's actually listed as "off-black" in there.
Sounds like the online builder tool was just wrong?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Cross-posting...

Found out about an incoming SX-P next week at the local Kia dealership. They showed me the window sticker which has a $1175 for "Inland Freight and Handling" which I'm assuming is the destination fee, but that seems very high especially since the dealership is only 1.5-2 hours from the port of entry. Also, the salesman gave me a "oh by the way" we add $1695 ceramic coating package to all Carnivals and Tellurides. Sounds like this is how they are trying to mark it up without calling it that.

Is this Inland Freight & Handling charge standard on all the Carnivals?

Needless to say, I'll probably keep looking.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Freight and handling is the same across the nation on the same car. I purchased a new Corvette, took delivery across the street from the plant at the Museum. Yup, same charge!

Google: "Destination charges and dealer fees explained"

·
Registered
2021 Odyssey EXL, 2022 Carnival SX
78 Posts
Can anyone explain to me the difference between the LED headlights on all trims and the LED Projector Headlights on the SXP?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Question for Prestige owners concerning the VIP seating.

Will the VIP seating move forward against the front seats to maximize the rear cargo capacity?

With the VIP seating in the forward most position, how many feet/inches to the rear hatch?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
5 ft (60 inches) from tailgate to bottom of the seats. While the VIP seats are ridiculously comfortable, you do lose cargo space. They only slide so far forward (not up against the front seats). So you will have a 5ft X 4ft cargo space.

·
Registered
22 Posts
5 ft (60 inches) from tailgate to bottom of the seats. While the VIP seats are ridiculously comfortable, you do lose cargo space. They only slide so far forward (not up against the front seats). So you will have a 5ft X 4ft cargo space.
Thanks.... same as my Odyssey with the 2nd row in! I need 80 inches for what I haul so I'd need to figure out how to "unbolt and unplug" the VIP's (they were installed once so they will come out)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Well, if you do manage to perform that task, please post instructions and photos here, if possible. Thanks1

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks.... same as my Odyssey with the 2nd row in! I need 80 inches for what I haul so I'd need to figure out how to "unbolt and unplug" the VIP's (they were installed once so they will come out)
If you want to haul a 8ft X 4ft stuff, better get the SX, removable 2nd row seats.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts