Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - Long time lurker and first time poster!

I live in North Texas and I'm excited to soon be the owner of a Black Carnival SXP with Tuscan Umber interiors!
I initially submitted an order for a SX back in May, sometime in September my dealership called to let me know that someone who ordered a Black SXP due to arrive on 10/31 backed out and asked me if I was interested in that vehicle instead. I played with the idea for a bit and eventually talked myself into an upgrade (@ MSRP).

I always knew 10/31 was an estimate as this whole ordeal is highly dependent on port/truck running smoothly with no hiccups but I was really hoping to get the car by now haha my dealer mentioned today that we are looking at around 11/10 for an actual delivery (unless further delays occur.)

My question is - I have a VIN, is there a way I can use that to track the car and know where it is? Or should I resign myself to continue playing the waiting game?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just swapped over from waiting for a telluride to waiting for a carnival. There is a site for the tellurides someone made called failcat. I think it’s someone with inside knowledge. I think the creator is a user over there, you might be able to PM them for some help?

·
Super Moderator
405 Posts
Hello - Long time lurker and first time poster!

I live in North Texas and I'm excited to soon be the owner of a Black Carnival SXP with Tuscan Umber interiors!
I initially submitted an order for a SX back in May, sometime in September my dealership called to let me know that someone who ordered a Black SXP due to arrive on 10/31 backed out and asked me if I was interested in that vehicle instead. I played with the idea for a bit and eventually talked myself into an upgrade (@ MSRP).

I always knew 10/31 was an estimate as this whole ordeal is highly dependent on port/truck running smoothly with no hiccups but I was really hoping to get the car by now haha my dealer mentioned today that we are looking at around 11/10 for an actual delivery (unless further delays occur.)

My question is - I have a VIN, is there a way I can use that to track the car and know where it is? Or should I resign myself to continue playing the waiting game?
I don't know of any way to track it but you should be able to see what port the vehicle is coming through. The dealer does have access to track if it's made it to port, released from port, and in transit to their dealership. If you have a nice dealership, they should be able to screenshot that for you and send it to you. Good luck and welcome to the club.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts