Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get an idea of the lead times. The dealership said 8-12 months. 8 months seems reasonable 12 not so much. It seems at some point Kia would change production to the 2023 and notify or give people the choice to take 2023 instead. Seems crazy to deliver a 2022 model in 2023.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am in Canada but I was just told that Kia stopped taking orders for the 2022 Model on May 3, 2022.
I have heard mixed responses. Few dealerships confirmed that Kia is not taking Carnival orders any more and few others confirmed that they are still allowed to place orders. A dealer placed an order for me few days ago, 5/9. Not sure if that is true or not but there is no way to verify.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am actually hoping I get a call saying I am going to receive a 2023 model. There are a couple of changes I hope they make
I'm in the DFW area and put in an Order for an SXP back in Oct of 2021. The dealer just called me today (May 19, 2022) and said that they have switched over the to 2023 model year and the only item that has changed is the price. Price has gone up $1,400. Also he said that I'm still in "line" but Kia hasn't officially accepted the order, but he feels that they will in the next two months.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm in the DFW area and put in an Order for an SXP back in Oct of 2021. The dealer just called me today (May 19, 2022) and said that they have switched over the to 2023 model year and the only item that has changed is the price. Price has gone up $1,400. Also he said that I'm still in "line" but Kia hasn't officially accepted the order, but he feels that they will in the next two months.
Thanks for the information. I wish they moved part of the SXP options to a separate package.

At this pace you are looking at a minimum of 4 months or more to get it delivered?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I talked to a DFW dealer today and found out that the Rear Entertainment screens were moved out to a separate package, hence the additional charges. There are no other changes to 2023 (from what he knows at this point)

·
Registered
50 Posts
My dealer is supposedly getting an 2023 8-seat SXP (no VIP seats) in the next two weeks. But I can't find any announcements.
Your dealer is correct, I just got hold of a 2023 Window_Sticker and I see two major changes.
  1. Rear Seat Entertainment package is optional ($1000)
  2. Option to choose 7 seat package or an 8 seat package. 7 Seat package includes Heated and Ventilated VIP lounge seats. Not sure if heat/ventilation is an option with 8-seat package or not.
The best part is that there is no increase in the overall MSRP. Infact this may workout even better for some who use Ipads etc and have no use for the entertainment package

My logical thinking - I've heard that Rear Screen Entertainment systems are one of the components that are short and getting a carnival with out that package means that we may get it built much early? We can have an aftermarket one installed for about 1500 - 1800. So, for <1000 more we may get the car much earlier and may not need to wait for an year? This may totally not be the case but I believe there is a slight possibility.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts