Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got our SXP in July. It has around 8k on it. We just got our first service at Kia. But recently we've had some issues. The other night the car wouldn't start. Doors wouldn't open, not even though the app. We had to have it jumped start. I know nothing was left on. It's mysterious. Today my wife can't open both her side doors. So it's at the dealership now. Anyone have strange things happen to their car to think that these are just bad signs of things to come? This is our first Kia.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Brought it into the dealership and they didn't do a thing. They just said bring it inside the warm garage and we'll see what happens. Well after 30 minutes the door finally opened. But that didn't answer the question. Why did it happen? The cold? We were in -15 degrees last weekend and the doors had no issues. But now it does?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car not starting, I can see being the battery. But the doors not opening too? Why would a battery not work outside but would work inside once it got warm? I don't get that. A dead battery is a dead battery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The car not starting, I can see being the battery. But the doors not opening too? Why would a battery not work outside but would work inside once it got warm? I don't get that. A dead battery is a dead battery.
The battery might be too weak to send enough voltage to start the car, open the doors, or anything else that requires electricity. Batteries in warm ambient temperature is able to send more voltage.
A simple test is using a voltmeter. Any reading under 12, then you need a new battery. It’s probably the first thing any technician should test based on the symptoms you described.
Source: have owned multiple cars and motorcycles with dying batteries. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts