Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a 2023 Carnival and just now realizing how difficult it is to even find one of these, much less buy one without getting gouged. I own two 2018 Kia Sportages and love them, but looking for more room. Question: Does anyone know how many tie down rings there are in the back of the Carnival? My Sportage has 4. I would think since all the seats in the Carnival are removable there would be at least 6, but can anyone confirm that? Thanks in advance.

· Registered
2022 SX-Prestige in Astral Blue
137 Posts
I'm in the market for a 2023 Carnival and just now realizing how difficult it is to even find one of these, much less buy one without getting gouged. I own two 2018 Kia Sportages and love them, but looking for more room. Question: Does anyone know how many tie down rings there are in the back of the Carnival? My Sportage has 4. I would think since all the seats in the Carnival are removable there would be at least 6, but can anyone confirm that? Thanks in advance.
There are a couple plastic ones for those cargo net things and that’s it, other than the hoops that the rear seats latch onto, which could be used like a tie-down I suppose.

· Registered
2023 Kia Carnival SXP
17 Posts
You can use the metal hooks for the removeable second row, and part of hte third row seats. The bad part is that they are all in hte same general area so you won't really be able to tie down stuff further in the front. This video will show you them.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the video. Seems to me the simplest thing to do is to lay a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood down and install flush mounting rings wherever you need them. The plywood could be covered with inexpensive carpet and would keep debris out the seat tracks. Would look decent, be safer for carrying coolers, etc and keep the original flooring pristine for resale.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts