Kia Carnival Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Main reason I bought an EX is I do not care at all about sun roofs or rear entertainment systems. I felt like for $5,000 more for the SX that I was not getting anything worth that much and $9,000 more for SXP I was paying for things I did not want. But with EX you will miss the homelink system, roof rack and the passenger front seat only reclines along with fore and aft movement. My wife has already said something about no adjustment. The stereo sound is just ok so the Bose in the SX is worth something. All said I don’t think there is a better value vehicle for $39,000 anywhere. Show me a vehicle that has all the EX features, that will do what it will do, drive as good as it drives, carry everything you own and get 24-29 mpg. I only wish I had the SXP for the digital dash, the blindside cameras, the homelink and adjustable passenger seat. I am very happy with my EX and the $5,000-$9,000 in my pocket!!
No factory roof rack on EX trim . Is it possible to install an aftermarket rack on it somehow ? Are there grooves or something similar?

·
Registered
35 Posts
No factory roof rack on EX trim . Is it possible to install an aftermarket rack on it somehow ? Are there grooves or something similar?
There are 2 plastic strips on the EX roof. I do not know if the holes with nuts are under them for the factory roof rack to bolt too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
There are 2 plastic strips on the EX roof. I do not know if the holes with nuts are under them for the factory roof rack to bolt too.
Ok , thanks Ill ask a dealer. Lx trim would be good enough for me but roof rack is must for rooftop cargo box. I don't think I want to pay $ 8-10K in upgrades for a roof rack.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ok , thanks Ill ask a dealer. Lx trim would be good enough for me but roof rack is must for rooftop cargo box. I don't think I want to pay $ 8-10K in upgrades for a roof rack.
The black plastic strip comes off. I very gently pulled on it and it is held in with a white clip every 10" or so. So this is removable. I lifted up on it and can see some "circles", not holes, that are painted the color of the vehicle. So these are either covered holes with maybe "painted tape" or "marks" where holes would go and you would use a insert rivet nut. I would have to remove the strip completely to tell and I don't want to risk breaking the white clips this early in the game. No telling when I could get more clips to replace. If the factory rack can be installed I would assume it comes with a black strip in several pieces that will fit around the rack mounts.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts