Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All-

I live in New England, and with the cold temps arriving- the TPMS warnings are going off in my car. I've added air to account for the condensed air inside the tires, but the TPMS alarm is still lingering. Anyone know where the reset switch is for the TPMS alarm?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi All-

I live in New England, and with the cold temps arriving- the TPMS warnings are going off in my car. I've added air to account for the condensed air inside the tires, but the TPMS alarm is still lingering. Anyone know where the reset switch is for the TPMS alarm?
The “reset button” is to fill the tires with air to their recommended level. That’s 37 psi if you have 17” wheels and 36 psi if you have 19” wheels.

Fill them and drive for a minute. The alert will clear.

·
Super Moderator
491 Posts
Hi All-

If filling to their recommended tire pressure doesn't resolve the issue, you will likely need to take it to your dealer to replace a faulty TPMS sensor. Note that it can take some time to sync the values from the tires to the computer (up to 30 mins), so give it some time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I called Kia and they confirmed there's no way to reset or disable the TPMS. If you've got tires with no TPMS sensors you'll be stuck with it until you either get sensors installed or put tires with sensors back on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This has been driving me nuts as I had one go low and added air. It's been the same value as the other 3 tires for the last week (at start, heats up with others at same rate, etc.). Unfortunately my driving hasn't been more than 15 minutes consistent in that time.

Tempted to just go drive for 30 minutes to finally clear the warning!

·
Registered
54 Posts
This has been driving me nuts as I had one go low and added air. It's been the same value as the other 3 tires for the last week (at start, heats up with others at same rate, etc.). Unfortunately my driving hasn't been more than 15 minutes consistent in that time.

Tempted to just go drive for 30 minutes to finally clear the warning!
It doesn’t take that long to clear. Make sure all of your tires are at or above 36 psi cold for your model. That’s it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a highway drive where I was at highway speeds for over 10 minutes. It finally cleared the warning on the rear passenger side. (Note none were at or above 36, they were all at 35).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.