Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are you guys upgrading your Carnivals and not losing money? Lol We ended up getting extended warranties and stuff so even if We did want to upgrade We would be losing money because we bought it originally for more than Msrp. Did you guys not get any extras or pay markup when you first purchased the vehicle? Is that how you’re able to “upgrade”?

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
680 Posts
To be honest, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "upgrade without losing money". We all had to part ways with cash to buy a new car. Some pay more than others, but no one gains money from purchasing. Can you restate your question?

·
Super Moderator
491 Posts
To be honest, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "upgrade without losing money". We all had to part ways with cash to buy a new car. Some pay more than others, but no one gains money from purchasing. Can you restate your question?
Perhaps they may be referring to flipping their car from an EX to SX? Carvana seems to offering pretty good trade-in deals. If not, then I'm not sure. :)

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
680 Posts
Perhaps they may be referring to flipping their car from an EX to SX? Carvana seems to offering pretty good trade-in deals. If not, then I'm not sure. :)
Ah, that makes more sense. Selling an existing Carnival for a higher trim will still likely result in a net loss. Even in a normal market, it is unrealistic to expect to pay less for a more expensive trim package. With demand being as high as it is now, you can get more for your trade-in but lose any gains once you try to buy. You would have to be lucky enough to buy the car for at or near MSRP, then sell it well above what you paid for it, then use that money to buy a higher package at or near MSRP.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, that makes more sense. Selling an existing Carnival for a higher trim will still likely result in a net loss. Even in a normal market, it is unrealistic to expect to pay less for a more expensive trim package. With demand being as high as it is now, you can get more for your trade-in but lose any gains once you try to buy. You would have to be lucky enough to buy the car for at or near MSRP, then sell it well above what you paid for it, then use that money to buy a higher package at or near MSRP.
Yes this is what I meant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts