Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to post these pictures of how well our carnival held up when involved in an accident. We were rear ended while at a complete stop with the car hitting us going 40ish mph. Kids were in second row, but the rear took considerable damage and from pictures you can see how safe even those in third row would have been. Major props to the Kia for safety features. We walked away with minor bruises and a broken Hand.
Here’s to another waitlist. We were on one back in May last year, got the vehicle in July. And I loved it! I am getting another SX.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow. Happy to hear everyone is safe! We are currently waiting on a SX, Hope you are not waiting to long!

My cousin has a telluride and was in a serious accident around Thanksgiving and had nothing but praise for the safety of the telluride. Good to see a post like this for the carnival.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes. Rental is only covered for 30 days is what I am hearing. Not sure how that will all work out with how long wait times are in vehicles in general not just Kia. Luckily we do have access to a spare car if needed. But I need my space. Missing the carnival so much. You will love it.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival LX in Silky Silver
49 Posts
Wanted to post these pictures of how well our carnival held up when involved in an accident. We were rear ended while at a complete stop with the car hitting us going 40ish mph. Kids were in second row, but the rear took considerable damage and from pictures you can see how safe even those in third row would have been. Major props to the Kia for safety features. We walked away with minor bruises and a broken Hand.
Here’s to another waitlist. We were on one back in May last year, got the vehicle in July. And I loved it! I am getting another SX.
Glad to hear everyone is okay. If it’s totaled, you might want to check out this article but if it’s going to be repaired, you might check out this one. Insurance companies tend to downplay the value of your vehicle, especially in the current used car market.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yes. Rental is only covered for 30 days is what I am hearing. Not sure how that will all work out with how long wait times are in vehicles in general not just Kia. Luckily we do have access to a spare car if needed. But I need my space. Missing the carnival so much. You will love it.
30 days!!! yeah that would be a problem if you didn't have access to another vehicle.. And yes I've grown accustomed to having space aswell. I've had no problem accepting the "driving a minivan stigma". I don't see myself driving another type of vehicle for a long time.

Have you placed your order for another SX? are you going to go for white again?

·
Super Moderator
492 Posts
Thanks so much for sharing this. I'm sure even looking at the photos causes some discomfort but really great to hear that everyone was able to walk away from the accident. One thing that I found interesting was that the second row HVAC controls popped out. I can't imagine the force that hit you that would cause that to happen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.