Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Samsung S21 phone. The issue occurs on incoming text messages. When I receive a text, I respond and when the recipient responds back to me, I receive the text response and then almost immediately I start receiving notifications of incoming text messages from old text messages that I received. It is usually the same old text message that comes up - one of them was from 2015. When this happens, I am unable to retrieve the most recent text message unless I pick up my phone and physically retrieve it. The problem seems to be escalating IE when I get a response text, multiple text messages come flying in, one after another. In one instance I got so many it actually locked the entire system up and I had to turn the engine off to clear it.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I took it in for service and lodged this complaint but research of the issue basically indicated - yes it's been reported and that's what it does. Seriously? It renders the entire hands free texting unusable - at least for me. One workaround presented to me was to delete ALL text messages from my phone. First of all, I don't think I should have to do that and secondly, I refer back to old messages many, many times. I did delete the one message that kept appearing, only to have it replaced by multiple others.

I'm wondering if this is just an android issue or if an iphone would do the same.

Thanks for listening! Anybody experience this or have any ideas/solutions?

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
569 Posts
My wife's Pixel 5a has slightly similar issue, but it only occurs when she's not using Android Auto. After driving for about 5 minutes, the UVO system tells her she has a new message, but it's always the same message from the same person from years ago. There's clearly a bug in the UVO system, but this doesn't prevent her from getting additional messages. My pixel 5 and Pixel 6 didn't have this problem though, so it's a very specific case.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My wife's Pixel 5a has slightly similar issue, but it only occurs when she's not using Android Auto. After driving for about 5 minutes, the UVO system tells her she has a new message, but it's always the same message from the same person from years ago. There's clearly a bug in the UVO system, but this doesn't prevent her from getting additional messages. My pixel 5 and Pixel 6 didn't have this problem though, so it's a very specific case.
So my issue is occuring when I am not using Android Auto - I wonder if I was using Android Auto if it would stop this from happening - certainly worth a try. Like your wife's issue - I always get the same message from years ago. If I go in, find that particular message string and delete it in its' entirety, the system just picks up another age old message string and starts sending it to me as soon as I start any new text activity.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts