Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We decided to build a Carnival & have been contacting different dealers. I found one dealer in Salt Lake City they told me wait times are 8-12 months, and one in Denver told us 4-6 months.

Does it depend on the dealer as to wait times? Or is one dealer telling me 4-6 months when it’ll probably be longer?

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
569 Posts
We decided to build a Carnival & have been contacting different dealers. I found one dealer in Salt Lake City they told me wait times are 8-12 months, and one in Denver told us 4-6 months.

Does it depend on the dealer as to wait times? Or is one dealer telling me 4-6 months when it’ll probably be longer?
Search this forum or any online comments and you'll see that dealers have NO IDEA how long a factory order takes to deliver. I've heard more stories of people cancelling their factory order and just getting a similar model through a dealer's inbound inventory than I have of people actually taking delivery of a factory order.

Frankly, I still haven't seen a single person verify receipt of a factory order in 2021. This is not to be confused with placing a deposit with the dealer to be placed on a waiting list for their inbound inventory. That is NOT the same as ordering from the factory.

If I had to guess, I would expect any true factory order to either not be accepted by the factory at all, or to be nearly a year wait time. Just a guess though based on the lack of deliveries taken in 2021.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not to be contrary, but I took delivery of a factory order in 2021, it took 3 months. Problem is, the ability to fill orders is still a changing landscape because the supply chain is still an uncertain limitation. So I'd believe either dealer at any given time. Basically, I don't believe anyone has a proven crystal ball in today's market.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
569 Posts
Not to be contrary, but I took delivery of a factory order in 2021, it took 3 months. Problem is, the ability to fill orders is still a changing landscape because the supply chain is still an uncertain limitation. So I'd believe either dealer at any given time. Basically, I don't believe anyone has a proven crystal ball in today's market.
That's incredible! I've seen people wait longer for a dealer to get inbound inventory (I'm one of them lol). When did you order and which custom features did it include?

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
569 Posts
SXP, pearl white, umber interior, ordered in july 2021, arrived in October. Felt like 6 months, I was driving my belair daily for that period while she drove my ss!
Thanks for sharing. I am curious if that combination was truly built to order? I believe it can be found as a standard configuration at dealers. There's a chance your dealer received one in their stock and used it to fulfill your order. It just doesn't seem likely that Kia would dedicated production capacity to custom orders during the middle of a global supply chain shortage.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I am curious if that combination was truly built to order? I believe it can be found as a standard configuration at dealers. There's a chance your dealer received one in their stock and used it to fulfill your order. It just doesn't seem likely that Kia would dedicated production capacity to custom orders during the middle of a global supply chain shortage.
Maybe, maybe not. I like to read jalopnik for certain contributors, and certain contributors know certain dealers who are more accommodating than others regarding price and availability. All I can say is we requested a certain configuration and it showed up 3mo later. And it wasn't a standard color. So, maybe lucky? Maybe not. But 3mo is my data point in 2021.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts