Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my old vehicle, I was able to purchase an aftermarket accessory, fitted to my vehicle perfectly. It held my iPhone at the perfect place for me. Right between the steering wheel and radio. The accessory attached to the trim of my old vehicle without any adhesives.
Not too many options out their right now outside of your typical dash and windshield mounts. I have mine in cup holder adapter right now.

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
399 Posts
On my old vehicle, I was able to purchase an aftermarket accessory, fitted to my vehicle perfectly. It held my iPhone at the perfect place for me. Right between the steering wheel and radio. The accessory attached to the trim of my old vehicle without any adhesives.
Not too many options out their right now outside of your typical dash and windshield mounts. I have mine in cup holder adapter right now.
I guess the real question is why do you need something like this? I just use the phone holder in-between the cup holders and use Android Auto on the screen instead of using my phone while driving. The integration with the infotainment screen is so good, there is almost no reason to touch your phone once you plug it in to the car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess the real question is why do you need something like this? I just use the phone holder in-between the cup holders and use Android Auto on the screen instead of using my phone while driving. The integration with the infotainment screen is so good, there is almost no reason to touch your phone once you plug it in to the car.
That would be your question. Not the “real question”. If you cannot add anything relevant to my thread, I’d prefer you not replying at all.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
399 Posts
That would be your question. Not the “real question”. If you cannot add anything relevant to my thread, I’d prefer you not replying at all.
:rolleyes:

You came to a discussion board and asked "Where do you place your cell phone?" You even offered your solution and said you're not happy with it. So I asked why you needed this to help the community better understand how you use the phone. I even offered how I use mine for comparison.

You don't have to answer the question, but it won't make it any easier for this forum to help you. Case-in-point, the very next response you received was simply "I stick it in the slot between the cupholders"... If you find that too isn't helpful, then I would encourage you to explain your usage case a bit more.

·
Super Moderator
332 Posts
We place one on the ledge just next to the wireless charger and connect it to the USB sync port and another in the wireless charging port cubby. We have a 6" lightning cable to keep things tidy.

·
Registered
2022 EX+
21 Posts
UN-Limited is bang on, sorry Carny. Cars these days have the phone integration for a reason, so you don't have to use your cell phone while driving.

Here in Ontario, the first time your caught using a cell phone while driving the fine is $1000 and up to a 30 day license suspension depending on what class of license you have. The 2nd and 3rd time being caught is even worse. Pretty sure they can tow your car on the spot if you don't have any other licensed drivers in the car to take over driving. I know some states your still aloud to text and drive, that will eventually change after a few more deadly accidents. If you have one of these distracted driving convictions on your record here, you are put into the high risk insurance class (all you need is this one major conviction and your high risk here), high risk premiums are about double or triple your average insurance premium, and it takes 3 years to come off your record. So a $1000 fine, license suspension (possible tow), and about 1-2k more in insurance costs for 3 years.

To answer your question we put our phones on the wireless charger, or in the slot in the cup holders and use the built in integration the vehicle was designed with. This avoids the risk of getting a ticket for touching our cellphone while driving. No need for dollar store phone holders these days in new vehicles like our carnivals.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If I'm using my phone it's plugged in for Android Auto, and I'll either put it in the wireless charging slot or upside-down in the slot between cupholders. Works great. If I'm not using it (e.g. my wife is DJ'ing) then I throw it in the wireless charging slot. I think most states have handsfree laws now so there's not a good reason to have the phone screen accessible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts