Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All credit to member @bruesjoh04 who first notified us here:

I just wanted to spread the word so that others can find this info more easily. Simply download and install the April 2022 software update for your Carnival. Remember to disable split screen in the phone projection settings so that AA can take over the full screen. Enjoy!

·
Registered
42 Posts
All credit to member @bruesjoh04 who first notified us here:

I just wanted to spread the word so that others can find this info more easily. Simply download and install the April 2022 software update for your Carnival. Remember to disable split screen in the phone projection settings so that AA can take over the full screen. Enjoy!
Bad news is, they pulled the update late last night. So anyone who hasn’t already downloaded is going to have to wait until it’s available again.

Same thing happened with the November update. Hopefully there aren’t any serious issues… I haven’t noticed any bugs or issues.

Update: Sounds like it is just a server overload for those versions, not bugs.

Reactions: UN-Limited

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another note, this update also enables high resolution through Android Auto so the icons no longer look like they're being displayed on an Atari from the 1980's (y)

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You missed my comment in the second post here. 😊

Looks like right now it’s going to be on or after 5/12 before it’s back.
I wonder if we'll have to re-download and install this update to clear out any bugs that may be present in the initial release? I noticed what may have been a bug (or just a fluke) the other day when I tried to change from my wife's profile to mine and the seat didn't reposition as it usually does. It took a second attempt and worked fine after that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wonder if we'll have to re-download and install this update to clear out any bugs that may be present in the initial release? I noticed what may have been a bug (or just a fluke) the other day when I tried to change from my wife's profile to mine and the seat didn't reposition as it usually does. It took a second attempt and worked fine after that.
The current statement says the downtime is due to server issues and subsequent maintenance. Nothing about bugs or issues. As long as that stance doesn’t change, I can’t see any reason to redo the update if you downloaded and installed before it went down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts