Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All credit to member @bruesjoh04 who first notified us here:

I just wanted to spread the word so that others can find this info more easily. Simply download and install the April 2022 software update for your Carnival. Remember to disable split screen in the phone projection settings so that AA can take over the full screen. Enjoy!

·
Registered
54 Posts
All credit to member @bruesjoh04 who first notified us here:

I just wanted to spread the word so that others can find this info more easily. Simply download and install the April 2022 software update for your Carnival. Remember to disable split screen in the phone projection settings so that AA can take over the full screen. Enjoy!
Bad news is, they pulled the update late last night. So anyone who hasn’t already downloaded is going to have to wait until it’s available again.

Same thing happened with the November update. Hopefully there aren’t any serious issues… I haven’t noticed any bugs or issues.

Update: Sounds like it is just a server overload for those versions, not bugs.

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You missed my comment in the second post here. 😊

Looks like right now it’s going to be on or after 5/12 before it’s back.
I wonder if we'll have to re-download and install this update to clear out any bugs that may be present in the initial release? I noticed what may have been a bug (or just a fluke) the other day when I tried to change from my wife's profile to mine and the seat didn't reposition as it usually does. It took a second attempt and worked fine after that.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I wonder if we'll have to re-download and install this update to clear out any bugs that may be present in the initial release? I noticed what may have been a bug (or just a fluke) the other day when I tried to change from my wife's profile to mine and the seat didn't reposition as it usually does. It took a second attempt and worked fine after that.
The current statement says the downtime is due to server issues and subsequent maintenance. Nothing about bugs or issues. As long as that stance doesn’t change, I can’t see any reason to redo the update if you downloaded and installed before it went down.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is this update available, anyone knows? Also, I heard Google is supposed to release coolwalk for AA, that should solve this without kia needing to do anything I guess? AA 7.8 will enable screen adaptation by default

·
Registered
54 Posts
Also, I heard Google is supposed to release coolwalk for AA, that should solve this without kia needing to do anything I guess? AA 7.8 will enable screen adaptation by default
No matter what, you’re going to have to apply this update if you want to have the ability for AA to utilize the entire screen. Once you apply the update, then the interface is all up to Google at that point. Until then, you’re locked in to only being able to use 2/3 of the screen.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Any idea how long it takes to update, 1.5hrs and counting, have to keep the car running, seems to be guzzling gas.
You don't need to keep the car running. Simply press the start button once to enter accessory mode and that is sufficient. And yes, it can take approximately 2 hours to complete the update in the vehicle, so don't start if you know you need to drive somewhere during that time because the screen will not work until the update is complete.

·
Registered
54 Posts
What settings do you have on your phone or your car to get a full screen version of AA? Mine only shows split screen (maps and music) with the toolbar on the left.
That’s achieved by going into developer settings and limiting resolution to a max width of 1280 px. That will force AA to the classic look, which only shows one app at a time (resulting in lots of empty and wasted space in many instances). Of course, you’re taking a resolution hit to do this, but apparently some people want to do it…

·
Registered
16 Posts
That’s achieved by going into developer settings and limiting resolution to a max width of 1280 px. That will force AA to the classic look, which only shows one app at a time (resulting in lots of empty and wasted space in many instances). Of course, you’re taking a resolution hit to do this, but apparently some people want to do it…
Interesting, I did not do any of the resolution setting changes, once I updated the navigation system, I just went to the phone projection settings and disabled split screen under AA, then AA went full screen. Although I think I might go back to split screen since it has some interesting gadgets that I can use on the right side of the screen, only until Google launches the coolwalk update.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Interesting, I did not do any of the resolution setting changes, once I updated the navigation system, I just went to the phone projection settings and disabled split screen under AA, then AA went full screen. Although I think I might go back to split screen since it has some interesting gadgets that I can use on the right side of the screen, only until Google launches the coolwalk update.
Are you using a wireless adapter? That could be limiting the resolution for you. I’ve seen people using AA Wireless who didn’t have the 5 GHz frequency enabled and it looked like that. Locking to 5 GHz got it to appear appropriately for widescreens as intended.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Are you using a wireless adapter? That could be limiting the resolution for you. I’ve seen people using AA Wireless who didn’t have the 5 GHz frequency enabled and it looked like that. Locking to 5 GHz got it to appear appropriately for widescreens as intended.
No, I'm not using any adapter, just plugged in my pixel phone using type c. And I don't see any issues with the resolution, seems to work just the way I would expect widescreen AA to work,

·
Registered
54 Posts
No, I'm not using any adapter, just plugged in my pixel phone using type c. And I don't see any issues with the resolution, seems to work just the way I would expect widescreen AA to work,
Hmm. Well, this is what the widescreen AA interface looks like:
Font Line Screenshot Software Technology

Some setting somewhere is going rogue if you’re seeing what you posted, because that’s not what you should be seeing unless you’ve done some tinkering.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hmm. Well, this is what the widescreen AA interface looks like:
View attachment 845

Some setting somewhere is going rogue if you’re seeing what you posted, because that’s not what you should be seeing unless you’ve done some tinkering.
Interesting, I get the above layout if I enable split screen in the phone projection settings. btw, what is the music app in the screenshot, is it from AA or the Kia built in music app.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts