Kia Carnival Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Interesting, I get the above layout if I enable split screen in the phone projection settings. btw, what is the music app in the screenshot, is it from AA or the Kia built in music app.
@bruesjoh04 what you said about display settings makes sense, I never updated AA settings, but this is what I see by default on my phone's AA display settings.
Font Screenshot Software Technology Electronic device

·
Registered
54 Posts
@bruesjoh04 what you said about display settings makes sense, I never updated AA settings, but this is what I see by default on my phone's AA display settings.
View attachment 846
That explains it. If you change it to “allow car and phone to negotiate” or “allow 1920,” you’ll see what I posted in my AA screenshot in my last response (one large app with a sidebar of currently playing phone audio or something else provided by AA). If you keep it at “allow 1280,” you’ll continue to see the classic look like what you’d been showing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That explains it. If you change it to “allow car and phone to negotiate” or “allow 1920,” you’ll see what I posted in my AA screenshot in my last response (one large app with a sidebar of currently playing phone audio or something else provided by AA). If you keep it at “allow 1280,” you’ll continue to see the classic look like what you’d been showing.
Nice, so this display setting along with the split screen setting allow us to decide if we want the wide screen, or split screen with an Android auto app or a Kia widget on the right hand side.

Kia widgets are only a handful , clock, compass, map/nav weather, calendar. I could even get AA maps and Kia maps side by side, .

Also, I noticed Kia has introduced some cool features with the update, you can swap the left /right knob features.
And the coolest feature I found is that it can automatically enable privacy mode if it detects a front passenger, super cool.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Not sure where to find split screen on AA (I have AA developer enabled) and cars split screen is off. Here is my version number on the van.

View attachment 857
You have the right version. I was wrong about there being a wide screen setting in your phone. Are you sure you disabled split screen in the phone projection settings on the car?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yup. Android Auto is updated as well, as you can see I have a pixel 6 pro

View attachment 858 View attachment 859
I think you’re going to be stuck waiting for the next update in the fall to get the true newest version. Notice that your map version number is older (the same as the November 2021 update). I also heard from someone in the comments on my YouTube video about the update who has a 2023 Carnival and they still have the tubes. So even though it looks like it’s a new update, it isn’t (for the 2023 models, at least).

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think you’re going to be stuck waiting for the next update in the fall to get the true newest version. Notice that your map version number is older (the same as the November 2021 update). I also heard from someone in the comments on my YouTube video about the update who has a 2023 Carnival and they still have the tubes. So even though it looks like it’s a new update, it isn’t (for the 2023 models, at least).
That is what I was thinking.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
There are minor gripes with the phone. But that's every product. But overall I love phone. I primarily buy my phones for their camera capabilities and Google has been in the top, if not, top in that category.
Agreed, between the camera and features like call screening, I can't see myself using any other brand.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Best KIA update! Finally AA can be Fullscreen on my 1 year old Carnival. I still wanted one AA app to be the full screen without dialing down resolution, which I have done using the AAWireless dongle with DPI adjust at 250.
PXL-20220820-065226218-NIGHT-2
2022 Carnival
Pixel 6 pro running android 13
AAWireless adapter on 2.1 Firmware
It only works with a wireless adapter. Doesn't worked directly plugged in still.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It only works with a wireless adapter. Doesn't worked directly plugged in still.
Android Auto is full screen but AA does split 2 apps (both are AA apps). If you want 1 app, yes, you need the AAWireless in order to alter the DPI to trick it to one app. However, the DPI being raised also makes everything bigger. I didn't mind it at first, but it bothered me after a time. I've since lowered my DPI to about 190 which shrinks things even further than the factory default but does in enforce the 2 apps on the AAuto split view. I do use Spotify with maps, so I'm not bothered too much by it.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts