Kia Carnival Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

Registered
Android Auto is full screen but AA does split 2 apps (both are AA apps). If you want 1 app, yes, you need the AAWireless in order to alter the DPI to trick it to one app. However, the DPI being raised also makes everything bigger. I didn't mind it at first, but it bothered me after a time. I've since lowered my DPI to about 190 which shrinks things even further than the factory default but does in enforce the 2 apps on the AAuto split view. I do use Spotify with maps, so I'm not bothered too much by it.
My 2023 still doesn't do AA wired split screen 馃槕 it's the 2/3 screen. Tried every setting possible.

Registered
My 2023 still doesn't do AA wired split screen 馃槕 it's the 2/3 screen. Tried every setting possible.
Updated to the latest KIA navigation version? The full screen use for AA didn't come until the June/July release, and you have to put it on a flashdrive off KIA site to update on vehicle. If you still see the tubes on the radio view, then you are on old software.

Registered
Updated to the latest KIA navigation version? The full screen use for AA didn't come until the June/July release, and you have to put it on a flashdrive off KIA site to update on vehicle. If you still see the tubes on the radio view, then you are on old software.
Yup. If you read my previous replies on this thread, I did that. I have split screen with my AA wireless adapter, but the battery drain for longer trips is substantial. The map version is different between the 2022 and 2023 version of the vans.

Registered
Yup. If you read my previous replies on this thread, I did that. I have split screen with my AA wireless adapter, but the battery drain for longer trips is substantial. The map version is different between the 2022 and 2023 version of the vans.
I see, and do you still see radio tubes then? I saw someone note you are on the November 2021 update, which won't do the AAuto full screen. I also have 2022 Carnival so I can't speak to the 2023.

Registered
I think my biggest baffle is that it works full screen from a dongle but not directly from the phone.
Out of curiosity, what dongle are you using? I have heard of some that basically mimic CarPlay so that鈥檚 what the car thinks is connected. CarPlay has always been able to display in full screen on these cars, so that would explain why it would allow AA to use the full screen if it was connected that way.

Registered
Out of curiosity, what dongle are you using? I have heard of some that basically mimic CarPlay so that鈥檚 what the car thinks is connected. CarPlay has always been able to display in full screen on these cars, so that would explain why it would allow AA to use the full screen if it was connected that way.
Ottocast. I think you are spot on with the CarPlay thing. It reads in both CarPlay and AA into the device but outputs on CarPlay (as you see the CarPlay icon in the menu)

41 - 50 of 50 Posts