Kia Carnival Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
353 Posts
The updater is finicky at best from my experience. For whatever reason, it won't link to my Kia account and the only way to successfully download the updates was to first use the program to format the thumb drive, then download it locally, and finally copy from my local to the USB stick.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thank you guys. Yes copying first to the hard drive using the app and then using the app “copy to USB” did the trick. I used a Mac and a 2 terabyte usb external hard drive and it works fine. As said before the USB or external drive have to be empty and will be formatted by the app.
25 min into the update I got a message that the car will turn off in 20min (update took 40min so wasn’t an issue but was nervous that it would interfere with the update process
What I realize from the experience:
This forum is great!
The next update is coming in November (at least a map update).
Car companies need to realize they are also software companies now and need to have customer service reps that understand software and computer hardware and can provide useful support. The ones I spoke with (3 people) didn’t have adequate knowledge to provide support and were just reading unhelpful scripts.
No one was able to tell me what the update included other than WiFi and map updates (it included GPS modem, system, map and uCom) this is standard practice with software updates.
Until they do we will keep relying on each other.
Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX Prestige
45 Posts
I think the instructions say the install will FAIL if you download to an external drive. For some reason, the updater must download to your internal hard drive first, then use the updater tool to transfer the files to an external drive. Takes twice as long, but that's the right way to make it work.
My experience with the upgrade process was different, I was able to download the update files directly to my external drive (30Gb) and it worked just fine. The tool does not recognizes external drives greater than 60Gb

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX Prestige
45 Posts
The updater is finicky at best from my experience. For whatever reason, it won't link to my Kia account and the only way to successfully download the updates was to first use the program to format the thumb drive, then download it locally, and finally copy from my local to the USB stick.
Same experience here with the UVO account part, for whatever reason the upgrader tool does not recognize my KIA account, but as a guest works fine too.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
427 Posts
My experience with the upgrade process was different, I was able to download the update files directly to my external drive (30Gb) and it worked just fine. The tool does not recognizes external drives greater than 60Gb
Good to know. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone!
First, I want to say thanks because this forum helped me get through the update process. I was able to upgrade successfully and it looks like there are some neat features in little fixes that are going to be fun to play with.
Once I updated, I went back to follow these directions that I had from a ticket with Kia. Now I cannot renenroll my car in
UVO. I have great signal strength and follow the directions exactly but I think the hang up is what's highlighted in my screenshot. My modem says "Deprovisioned (6)." At this point I'm stuck and cannot get any further and Kia has gone silent on me.

Font Screenshot Darkness Electric blue Event

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone successfully re-enrolled in UVO?
I have tried to “re-enroll” UVO the last <3 weeks. I have received at least two case numbers and emails and have made at least 4 calls to get this working. Unfortunately, it still doesn’t work. I was told to stick a pen on the reset button and hold for 15 seconds, open/close driver door, and then turn the vehicle completely off. When I did that, my modem status network mode went to LTE. But after putting in the verification code, it still didn’t work. The rep stated the signal strength has to be below -90dBm. So supposedly my internet is not strong enough but he still sent in another work request. So disappointed.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts