Kia Carnival Forum banner
81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
WOW. It worked for me as well. Been waiting for the Verizon email for over a month now (still waiting). Called Kia and they said it should work. Ticket created but nothing... Updated with same USB update. After the update with the same version, hotspot is working. Turned on the hotspot (no signing into Verizon) and connected with internet. I got around 30 mbs. Strong 5G/Weak 4G signal in my area. It was good enough for Netflix. Thank you.
Did you ever receive the email from Verizon? It’s been over a week since I did my update and I’m waiting for the email.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve been dealing with this for two or three days. Everything is so much harder than it needs to be. It took me forever just to get the software updated. The entire process is totally counterintuitive. The website is inconsistent and has many functional problems. I was finally able to get the software updated, but I’m currently waiting on a response from customer service, as I cannot seem to enroll in Wi-Fi. The email we received the purchase says the Vin or pass key is expired. We are totally up-to-date with Kia connect. When I go to activate the Wi-Fi in vehicle, it says the service is unavailable. The fact that the software cannot be updated over the air is absurd. From what I’m reading, it can also take 3 to 5 days after you receive the registration email. What a mess. Every device I have can be updated over the Internet. This should be as simple as a quick over the air update and turning on the hotspot. And for $30 a month for Kia connect, it should damn well be included on the prestige trim. I guess on our upcoming trip we will just use my phone as a hotspot. At least the rear screens can be updated over the air.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I’ve been dealing with this for two or three days. Everything is so much harder than it needs to be. It took me forever just to get the software updated. The entire process is totally counterintuitive. The website is inconsistent and has many functional problems. I was finally able to get the software updated, but I’m currently waiting on a response from customer service, as I cannot seem to enroll in Wi-Fi. The email we received the purchase says the Vin or pass key is expired. We are totally up-to-date with Kia connect. When I go to activate the Wi-Fi in vehicle, it says the service is unavailable. The fact that the software cannot be updated over the air is absurd. From what I’m reading, it can also take 3 to 5 days after you receive the registration email. What a mess. Every device I have can be updated over the Internet. This should be as simple as a quick over the air update and turning on the hotspot. And for $30 a month for Kia connect, it should damn well be included on the prestige trim. I guess on our upcoming trip we will just use my phone as a hotspot. At least the rear screens can be updated over the air.
Did you try pushing the “star” above the radio? It will enable your WiFi.. you have to do that every time you get in your car to enable your WiFi. Mine works fine in my SXP.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts