Kia Carnival Forum banner

Wifi Hotspot through UVO Link and Verizon

29K views 90 replies 32 participants last post by  2022carnivalprestige 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey all!

Go to this website and enter your VIN to see if your carnival is eligible for IN CAR WIFI CAPABILITY. it's finally here and I'm so excited that this is happening!

Attachments

See less See more
#60 · (Edited)
1. Updated the infosystem
2. Unenroll email 1-2 days
3. Enroll email 5-7 days
4. Failed to to activate
Modem Status / Activation State: Deprovisioned (6)
Either take the car back to dealer for dealer mode reset or you can do yourself

(Dealer mode was posted on this forum. Thanks for sharing)
For those with =>EX Larger display (In Canada, not sure about USA) you can access the dealer menu by going to Settings, General, System Info and turning your volume to 8, using the button on the steering wheel reduce it from 8 to 7 and press the place where the picture indicates below (it is just below the Home button), then reduce it to 3 and press in the same place and then reduce it to 1 and press one last time. You should get an option to enter a password, the password is 2400. This will get you into the dealer menu.

Gadget Font Flat panel display Computer Display device

Reset to factory reset. This will wipe out your profile settings. Export out Navigation data to USB if you have lot saved.

5. Activate UVO
6. Verizon activation email 10 days. <---My status at the moment.

Hope this helps.

#63 ·
Can confirm the days long activation. Finally have Wifi Hotspot working on the trial. Bought the vehicle 2 weeks ago. Did the system update, 19gb on flash drive. Repeated attempts at getting and entering code, 3 attempts. Finally broke down and called the number listed on screen, a 866 number I believe. Kevin started a ticket because modem status was Deprovisioned(6) and Kevin said that wasn't good and needed to change. He said they were off on the weekend but would get to it Monday morning. I tried it Tuesday and fourth activation succeeded. Now off to actually get video on Netflix in the back screens...

#64 ·
Hi, brand new here. We bought our first Kia, a Carnival SXP about 5 weeks ago brand new and haven't had the best experience. In addition to two immediate repairs needing to be made (passenger seat and door were not functioning properly), we cannot get the wifi to work. We took it to the dealer to do a factory reset. The dealer now claims that the wifi doesn't work because of verizon. We called verizon and paid for an account to be set up. Verizon spent almost two hour troubleshooting with us but resolved that we had a software or hardware problem on our end. The dealer claims there is a ticket open with verizon. Verizon denies having the ticket. We are not sure where to go from here. It has been helpful to read that others are having problems. It looks like this product wasn't ready for prime time yet. I will update when and if we have any progress.

#66 ·
I was able to get mine set up finally, I am in the US and here is the steps I took in case it helps anyone else:

1) Downloaded the update to a USB via the navigation updater program
2) Immediately upon sticking the USB stick into the slot I was prompted to run the update, which took about 45 mins
3) About a week later I received an email with the subject, "Let’s get your Kia’s Wi-Fi Hotspot setup!". After following the prompts in this email, it un-enrolled me from UVO.
4) The next day I received a confirmation email stating my UVO subscription was cancelled, and two days after that received another email prompting me to re-enroll.
5) I tried to re-enroll that day using the email and was unable to get it to work, modem status was showing as deprovisioned like I saw in this thread
6) I gave it another day and instead of following the prompts in the email, I went into the app on my phone and clicked re-enroll through that (it was a red banner at the top) and that worked!

#68 · (Edited)
edit: I tried one last time (download to local HD and it finished with no decompression error) and now the updates are loading on the Carnival. 🤞but should be good from here moving forward.

Hi there, could use some help as I’ve been unsuccessful in being able to download + install a clean update to my carnival. I’ve tried both Mac and Windows: for Mac, the navigation updater app cannot be opened/installed because apple states it cannot check it for malicious software. and even states the software needs to be updated / contact developer.
On Windows, I tried to download to my local c: drive first and also directly to my 64gb flash thumb drive and for both a decompression error occurs. If I try to continue it finished the download and copy to flash drive but during the install on the carnival I receive ‘update files are corrupted’ error so assume the decompression issue had something to do with it.
Would someone be so kind as to post the files into the cloud somewhere for me to pull them? I know their large in total but not sure what else I can do here to get this to work. Spent way too much time on this as is.

thanks and happy holidays / happy new year to all.

#69 ·
My wifi hotspot is FINALLY working!!! I couldn't be happier :LOL: It is sooo much more convenient. I think I may have updated the software before it was truely "ready" (did so back in the beginning of November). I tried updating it again over the weekend... I just reinserted the usb drive (32 GB) and pressed the update button again. After the update was complete I turned off the car and the next day when I wen tto try it it worked! I didn't have to unsubscribe from UVO again and I didn't have to press another code or anything like that! Hopefully yours will be just as easy too.

#71 ·
WOW. It worked for me as well. Been waiting for the Verizon email for over a month now (still waiting). Called Kia and they said it should work. Ticket created but nothing... Updated with same USB update. After the update with the same version, hotspot is working. Turned on the hotspot (no signing into Verizon) and connected with internet. I got around 30 mbs. Strong 5G/Weak 4G signal in my area. It was good enough for Netflix. Thank you.

#80 ·
Initial support for hotspot came out in November of last year. I’m wondering if that’s the same release. If you go to the same screen that has the software update it will show you the software version. It’s in the gear icon menus. You may have to scroll to get to the date.

Purple Violet Font Magenta Circle

Purple Font Violet Gadget Magenta

Font Electronic device Technology Screenshot Automotive lighting

#86 ·
I’ve been dealing with this for two or three days. Everything is so much harder than it needs to be. It took me forever just to get the software updated. The entire process is totally counterintuitive. The website is inconsistent and has many functional problems. I was finally able to get the software updated, but I’m currently waiting on a response from customer service, as I cannot seem to enroll in Wi-Fi. The email we received the purchase says the Vin or pass key is expired. We are totally up-to-date with Kia connect. When I go to activate the Wi-Fi in vehicle, it says the service is unavailable. The fact that the software cannot be updated over the air is absurd. From what I’m reading, it can also take 3 to 5 days after you receive the registration email. What a mess. Every device I have can be updated over the Internet. This should be as simple as a quick over the air update and turning on the hotspot. And for $30 a month for Kia connect, it should damn well be included on the prestige trim. I guess on our upcoming trip we will just use my phone as a hotspot. At least the rear screens can be updated over the air.

#90 ·
I’ve been trying to get mine to work since May. I did the update and havent been able to reenroll. Just got off the phone with Kia and a ticket was opened. My modem says deprovisioned. The guy at Kia said because my carnival is originally from Massachusetts and thats why I couldnt use it. I asked how they made any sense when I used UVO for a year before I did the software update. I’m no where near Massachusetts. This truly has been frustrating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.