Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strange question, thought I’d see if anyone else has experienced this.
Today was the first sunny day since purchasing the EX last week. Driving south, into the sun my body was burning up. My arms and shoulders were getting so hot I had to start using my hand to cover certain parts to give my skin a break. My chest and stomach felt like I’d been standing in front of the fireplace too long. It became incredibly distracting. Turning the AC on high helped alleviate some of the discomfort. It was only 64 degrees outside. The rest of the interior wasn’t warm to the touch besides the dark dash.
I know I’m not crazy, in my twenty years driving a variety of cars, I’ve made the same drive almost daily. Am I missing something here?
There is frit around the rear view mirror but it doesn’t expand across the top of the windshield. Would that help eliminate the issue?

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
458 Posts
Strange question, thought I’d see if anyone else has experienced this.
Today was the first sunny day since purchasing the EX last week. Driving south, into the sun my body was burning up. My arms and shoulders were getting so hot I had to start using my hand to cover certain parts to give my skin a break. My chest and stomach felt like I’d been standing in front of the fireplace too long. It became incredibly distracting. Turning the AC on high helped alleviate some of the discomfort. It was only 64 degrees outside. The rest of the interior wasn’t warm to the touch besides the dark dash.
I know I’m not crazy, in my twenty years driving a variety of cars, I’ve made the same drive almost daily. Am I missing something here?
There is frit around the rear view mirror but it doesn’t expand across the top of the windshield. Would that help eliminate the issue?
The windshield is massive on the car, so much more light and heat can get in. I've actually scheduled my car to get the clear ceramic solar film installed on the windshield this Wednesday. Looking forward to feeling the difference.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The windshield is massive on the car, so much more light and heat can get in. I've actually scheduled my car to get the clear ceramic solar film installed on the windshield this Wednesday. Looking forward to feeling the difference.
Thanks for the reply. Update after the install. We have thought about doing that as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts