Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Do you know if there is a reason why you get wireless in the base model and not the more expensive ones? Just doesn’t follow logically in my mind.
That’s the way it is right now. The only Kia and Hyundai systems to support wireless CarPlay are the small 8” units without navigation.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
680 Posts
As an aside, has anyone been able to successfully use one of those wired to wireless adapters on Amazon? It seems rather hit or miss on how well they work.
I'm using a wireless android auto (Carsifi brand) dongle with great success. Motorola and AAwireless also make similar dongles. The only negative is our USB port stays powered shortly after turning off the car, so AA keeps trying to connect/launch even after I've left the vehicle. Same problem when opening the door to grab an item while the car is off. The USB port powers up and tries to connect to my phone until it finally loses power.

·
Super Moderator
491 Posts
For Carplay, I just saw this on Amazon. Almost everything else I previously looked at was questionable at best. Given my SO's desire to connect to the carplay and wire in to the router for hot-spot controls, this might be the answer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts