Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has tried this feature? My wife and I don't have wireless charging phones. So we've never tried it. I was showing a friend this weekend our car. He has the Samsung Galaxy Note 10, which has wireless charging. I told him we had wireless charging in front. He put it in the compartment and it didn't do anything. He even flipped the phone over and did 180 and still no charge. Does this feature need to be 'turned on'? Constantly on? I didn't see any lights come on. Anyone had a different experience?

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've not had any issues with it. It supports devices that support Qi Wireless Charging. You do have to enable the feature in the control menu.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. So the side door was opened. But is the other response correct? You have to enable it from the menu?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried to find where you can enable wireless charging and cant find it. Where is it located? Under what menu? I think it's silly to have to enable something that should already be working from factory.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I tried to find where you can enable wireless charging and cant find it. Where is it located? Under what menu? I think it's silly to have to enable something that should already be working from factory.
It could be in two places, depending on your model.

It may be in your infotainment system settings… push setup > vehicle > convenience > wireless charging system

Or, it may be in your instrument cluster settings.
User settings > convenience > wireless charging system.

It is a setting because not every person may have a qi-compatible device and may want to still put things in that area that would interfere with it or heat up.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
236 Posts
Not trying to be dismissive, but have you tried checking your owner's manual? There is a separate booklet dedicated to the infotainment features to make it easier to find.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts