Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow Carnivalians,

Has anyone found a way to wrap or coat the huge amount of piano black in the interior before scratches inevitably find its way in? Also a screen protector ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
No. That would cheapen the look at the black plastic.... To have a film over it.
It would not cheapen the look of the dash. I’ve been looking for the same thing. A wrap done correctly looks really nice. I’m looking for both for my new carnival as well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
A wrap done correctly? I've never seen anyone wrapping tight crevices of the dash. It's not the same as wrapping the exterior of a car. You do you. But in the end, I think it would look cheap, ghetto, and you'll end up removing it. Seriously, if someone would do that for you, what would your design be? Faux wood? Faux carbon fiber? Faux metallic? Another solid color plastic? Flames? Polka dots? Stripes? LOL.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It would have been nice to have it come in the same material as the dash. Clearly you don’t have experience with wrapping anything. I could probably go to a place that does furniture and get them to match the dash material including stitching but I’m not sure if I want to spend that kind of money.

Vynil wrapping of the instrument cluster would not be that challenging. If I find someone who has the pre cut piece, I’ll do it. I’m not pro enough to take sheet vynil and get the cuts 100% right.

I am actually considering something matte to go over the glossy black parts of the console too. Someday sooner or later, that stuff is going to get scratched and I hate having to clean off fingerprints all the time on it. I know black gloss is the new pink but seriously, it’s annoying to maintain.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It would have been nice to have it come in the same material as the dash. Clearly you don’t have experience with wrapping anything. I could probably go to a place that does furniture and get them to match the dash material including stitching but I’m not sure if I want to spend that kind of money.

Vynil wrapping of the instrument cluster would not be that challenging. If I find someone who has the pre cut piece, I’ll do it. I’m not pro enough to take sheet vynil and get the cuts 100% right.

I am actually considering something matte to go over the glossy black parts of the console too. Someday sooner or later, that stuff is going to get scratched and I hate having to clean off fingerprints all the time on it. I know black gloss is the new pink but seriously, it’s annoying to maintain.
I totally agree . I believe @Blackbeagle1 was referring to fancy wraps people do for outside. My concern was the scratches and streaking of the piano black inside. Something like a PPF that you do to your exterior could definietly be done for the inside too. It doesn't necessarily has to be matte finish but anything that could protect the interior. Maybe my initial post was misleading when I mentioned wrap

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi fellow Carnivalians,

Has anyone found a way to wrap or coat the huge amount of piano black in the interior before scratches inevitably find its way in? Also a screen protector ?
I actually considered this and was the first one to ask on the forum a while back but people thought it's overkill. To each their own. There's a place where I'm at that do interior wrapping I may try. There's also a precut ones you can get on eBay but the seller isn't very responsive.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually considered this and was the first one to ask on the forum a while back but people thought it's overkill. To each their own. There's a place where I'm at that do interior wrapping I may try. There's also a precut ones you can get on eBay but the seller isn't very responsive.
Thanks !! Let me know if you had any luck and share contact if you decide to do it .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts