Kia Carnival Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wow that had to be a very hard hit...wondering if anyone was in the back seat and impacted. Strange that IIHS has not released the safety ratings on these yet but hopefully soon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
View attachment 245
View attachment 246
View attachment 247
View attachment 249
View attachment 250
View attachment 248

Not me, but one is already down!

I suspect that the Carnival will have more than its share of rear ended collisions. The safety braking features for cars ahead will reduce front end collisions, but sudden stops in traffic will allow for increased hits from the rear, especially in close heavy traffic and with cars following at close distances.

The other contributor will likely be the stupid design feature having the turning signals down by the bumper where they are below the sight line of following vehicles in addition to the fact that they are going to be obscured by mud and snow in inclement weather.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I suspect that the Carnival will have more than its share of rear ended collisions. The safety braking features for cars ahead will reduce front end collisions, but sudden stops in traffic will allow for increased hits from the rear, especially in close heavy traffic and with cars following at close dista
The other contributor will likely be the stupid design feature having the turning signals down by the bumper where they are below the sight line of following vehicles in addition to the fact that they are going to be obscured by mud and snow in inclement weather.

As to the unfortunate positioning of the turn signals, anyone have an idea how doable it might be to add additional turn signals within the light bar that contains the brake and tail lights? It would seem this could be a reasonable work around by a shop technician just by addition and threading up additional wires that would not require altering the wiring harness itself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My wife and I agree with you completely regarding the stupid design feature of the turn signals on the bumper... This design was a deal breaker for us. Overall the Carnival had great appeal... BUT, this image of a rear end collision reinforces our opinion....

·
Registered
38 Posts
My wife and I agree with you completely regarding the stupid design feature of the turn signals on the bumper... This design was a deal breaker for us. Overall the Carnival had great appeal... BUT, this image of a rear end collision reinforces our opinion....
This looks like they were directly rear-ended probably by a distracted driver. The brake lights should have been visible. Agree, the turn lights could be higher, but don't think that would have mattered here.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Agreed. There is absolutely no proof that the van was rear ended either because of the auto stop engaging or that the distracted driver couldn't see the turn light or that it was obstructed by snow or mud. That's pure speculation. We don't k ow what happened here. It could be a hundred things. The poster also used the title as click bait. He didn't wreck his own Carnival. The title is misleading. He should have just wrote, "Wrecked Carnival". Instead, he wrote, "Wrecked the Carnival", implying he wrecked his own car.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
427 Posts
Only 1k miles and totalled by insurance I assume. I hope the owner gets a replacement for current market value since they all now have a $5-10k markup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts