Kia Carnival Forum banner
341 - 357 of 357 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just found out my order I put in last week has been kicked out. Apparently they have closed the 8 passenger SX prestige ordering. With no indication as to why or when it will open again.
How did you find out the order was kicked out? I am looking to place an order for a SXP in the next couple of days and my dealer did not say anything about order rejection. :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got on a list with a few local dealers. Got a call on Tuesday for a 2023 LX with early October delivery at MSRP. There are a few local dealers selling at MSRP.
Last I checked everything around me in northern VA had a minimum mark up of $6k. Decided to go out of state. I'll make the one way flight there and 3 hour drive back to save the cash.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Do not buy from Matthews Kia in Cartersville Georgia. I stopped by to check on my Carnival and they said it would be here in two weeks they printed the window sticker and they ordered the wrong seating layout. He has my order sheet in his hand and in big letters it said no VIP seating. I told him I would be willing to order another one at MSRP and he told me to take my business elsewhere, do not ever do business with this Kia dealership they are worthless POS is terrible communication, dishonest pricing, they make a huge mistake and then act as if it’s no big deal. I waited 7 months for nothing. So pissed right now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do not buy from Matthews Kia in Cartersville Georgia. I stopped by to check on my Carnival and they said it would be here in two weeks they printed the window sticker and they ordered the wrong seating layout. He has my order sheet in his hand and in big letters it said no VIP seating. I told him I would be willing to order another one at MSRP and he told me to take my business elsewhere, do not ever do business with this Kia dealership they are worthless POS is terrible communication, dishonest pricing, they make a huge mistake and then act as if it’s no big deal. I waited 7 months for nothing. So pissed right now.
Oh wow… dealers are so tough these days. So you decided not to take the vehicle?

·
Registered
16 Posts
My Kia Carnival SX got delivered yesterday from Kia Arapahoe! Here is the timeline and price break down.
Feb 15 - Initial $100 deposit and order placed.
Aug 1 - Email notification of window sticker w/ VIN of my car and an estimated arrival date of Aug 19.
Aug 25 - Got a phone call that the car arrived at the dealership. And started the paperwork process.
Sep 6 - Notary service called to schedule the paperwork signing in person.
Sep 12 - Transport company picked up the car from the dealership.
Sep 15 - Car is delivered exactly 7 months after initial deposit.

$44,430 MSRP + $400 etching (VIN etched onto windows)+ $700 documentation fee + tax/title + $1600 shipping = $50,868

I was pissed about the etching but they said it was a HARD ADD, meaning you can't refuse it.

I was forced to use the dealership's financing because they said it's to prevent fraud since I'm out of state. The rate was 60mos and 7.29%. interest.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My Kia Carnival SX got delivered yesterday from Kia Arapahoe! Here is the timeline and price break down.
Feb 15 - Initial $100 deposit and order placed.
Aug 1 - Email notification of window sticker w/ VIN of my car and an estimated arrival date of Aug 19.
Aug 25 - Got a phone call that the car arrived at the dealership. And started the paperwork process.
Sep 6 - Notary service called to schedule the paperwork signing in person.
Sep 12 - Transport company picked up the car from the dealership.
Sep 15 - Car is delivered exactly 7 months after initial deposit.

$44,430 MSRP + $400 etching (VIN etched onto windows)+ $700 documentation fee + tax/title + $1600 shipping = $50,868

I was pissed about the etching but they said it was a HARD ADD, meaning you can't refuse it.

I was forced to use the dealership's financing because they said it's to prevent fraud since I'm out of state. The rate was 60mos and 7.29%. interest.
Just FYI if you fly out to Denver you avoid needing to use their financing (or at least I did using USAA) and they reimburse you for the flight/Uber IF the title will be in your name or something like that. They paid for my flight, not my wife's. I did not have the VIN etched windows, although they did add rugs without me asking for them. My total was $46,394.24 with 3.3% interest for an SX.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just FYI if you fly out to Denver you avoid needing to use their financing (or at least I did using USAA) and they reimburse you for the flight/Uber. I did not have the VIN etched windows, although they did add rugs without me asking for them. My total was $46,394.24 with 3.3% interest for an SX.
I had thought about flying out but I didn't want to do the 16 hour back to SoCal. I didn't know about the reimbursement for flight. So I calculated cost of flight, uber, hotel, gas, and risk of getting a bunch of rock chips on the front bumper, I figured the cost of shipping was worth it. Plus with my work schedule and a newborn and toddler at home, it would've been hard to do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had thought about flying out but I didn't want to do the 16 hour back to SoCal. I didn't know about the reimbursement for flight. So I calculated cost of flight, uber, hotel, gas, and risk of getting a bunch of rock chips on the front bumper, I figured the cost of shipping was worth it. Plus with my work schedule and a newborn and toddler at home, it would've been hard to do.
For sure, it's definitely not worth it for everyone. And I did git a chip in the windshield on the way home o_O Just wanted to let people know it is an option.

341 - 357 of 357 Posts