Kia Carnival Forum banner

181 - 197 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
I initially thought the same that it was going to just be a hassle and was concerned about hidden fees but ended up deciding to go for it because of my own stubbornness of not wanting to pay MSRP for a vehicle. Anyways, fast forward 5 days and I just paid off my loan online. It couldn't have been simpler.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I initially thought the same that it was going to just be a hassle and was concerned about hidden fees but ended up deciding to go for it because of my own stubbornness of not wanting to pay MSRP for a vehicle. Anyways, fast forward 5 days and I just paid off my loan online. It couldn't have been simpler.
Same experience here...the loan populated on Kia motor's finance website within a few days and really easy to link to my money market account.

My dealer requested I wait at least 3 payments before paying off completely, otherwise they are subject to chargebacks from finance. Really more of a courtesy than anything though they gave me a great price and no tricks or add-ons so I paid off all but about $2k so that it will be at zero balance by July.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought an EX in Maryland 2 weeks ago. After the test drive, I asked the dealer if they would come off the msrp since the Carnivals had just arrived. He said he would do $1000 off msrp and at the time plus the $750 rebate to finance. I took it. From searching online, it seems now there are quite a few lxs and sx in stock around here with dealers offering $500-$1500 off online pricing. I don’t know if they would deal further in person.
Would you recommend your salesperson? I was quoted 3k over MSRP from Fairfax Kia and wanted to give Maryland dealer a try. I saw the $750 rebate deal on a few dealer's website but not from Laurel Kia. Is this a manufacturer incentive that is still valid?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Would you recommend your salesperson? I was quoted 3k over MSRP from Fairfax Kia and wanted to give Maryland dealer a try. I saw the $750 rebate deal on a few dealer's website but not from Laurel Kia. Is this a manufacturer incentive that is still valid?
The 750 incentive is only if u get their 2.8% Apr. If you have good credit they have a 1.8 apr no 750 cash back. South dade kia ask for Amanda she took good care of me. I Paid below msrp

·
Registered
5 Posts
EtCan't be done unfortunately.
Agree. Hope Kia will offer sooner than later the availability of 8 seats with all the other amenities of the SX P to include the 12 Speaker Bose sound system, Dual Sunroofs. and leather seating.

My guess is that with the weight of those added options they somehow keep the total potential driving weight at an arbitrary maximum by allowing the weight of one less passenger to be subtracted.

At least this is the excuse RV manufacturers use to explain why they limit the number of seats equipped with seat belts.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
Agree. Hope Kia will offer sooner than later the availability of 8 seats with all the other amenities of the SX P to include the 12 Speaker Bose sound system, Dual Sunroofs. and leather seating.

My guess is that with the weight of those added options they somehow keep the total potential driving weight at an arbitrary maximum by allowing the weight of one less passenger to be subtracted.

At least this is the excuse RV manufacturers use to explain why they limit the number of seats equipped with seat belts.
Because the seat rails are different for the 8 vs 7, I'm guessing they made a decision to just combine the sunroof, digital gauge cluster, and seat package together to save on retooling costs at the manufacturing facility. Keep in mind that the Sedona wasn't a fast mover here in the states, so for the first year they are likely going to be conservative with variations to help keep the overall costs down. Obviously, if there is a profitable way to increase the combinations while being cost competitive, then they likely would. From my experience, it's usually the bean counters and not the product managers that end up making these types of decisions. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good points but I do see in other markets The 8 seat version (and even more seats) can be had with various of the SX-P upgrades so not sure any new tooling would be required,

·
Registered
10 Posts
One of the online sales rep told me that there is a $500 incentive (Kia financing) for this month but couldn't see anywhere in print on their website or KIA's main website. Can anyone confirm this?

Has anyone bought the Carnival as a pre-sale and would you recommend it? I am not sure about putting a deposit down for a car I have not tested but it looks like the SX/SXP are selling fast with a lot of inventory. Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
82 Posts
One of the online sales rep told me that there is a $500 incentive (Kia financing) for this month but couldn't see anywhere in print on their website or KIA's main website. Can anyone confirm this?

Has anyone bought the Carnival as a pre-sale and would you recommend it? I am not sure about putting a deposit down for a car I have not tested but it looks like the SX/SXP are selling fast with a lot of inventory. Any advice would be great.
Is the deposit fully refundable? If so, why not put one down and decide once you see it at the dealership?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Oh wow! That's nuts. In that case, no way I would put down a deposit. You gotta see it - and drive it - before you make that decision.

My local dealer offers fully refundable deposits.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
In most states (that I’m aware of) holding a deposit indefinitely is illegal. Some can hold the deposit until they sell the car. Others they must return the deposit on demand. However, most credit card issuers, like Visa and MasterCard have their own requirements and deposits will be returned to your account if the contract isn’t completed for valid reasons. Unless you sign something that explicitly states it’s non refundable, and you use a cc, you should be able to get your money back, imho. It could just be a bit of a hassle.

* I am not a lawyer and this does not constitute legal advise, however, I’ve personally had to research and go through this process.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've called 5 Kia dealerships in the area. Most aren't clear whether they can order a Carnival. Honestly, most don't know what a Carnival is. When I used the form on Kia's website to get quotes from dealerships I started getting calls saying they have Kia Cadenza's in stock (after very clearly selecting the Carnival). One dealership has said it is open and I can place an order for late March delivery but were only willing to offer MSRP plus tax, title, tags. I guess that's what you get for day 2 pricing. :)
According to KIA
I've called 5 Kia dealerships in the area. Most aren't clear whether they can order a Carnival. Honestly, most don't know what a Carnival is. When I used the form on Kia's website to get quotes from dealerships I started getting calls saying they have Kia Cadenza's in stock (after very clearly selecting the Carnival). One dealership has said it is open and I can place an order for late March delivery but were only willing to offer MSRP plus tax, title, tags. I guess that's what you get for day 2 pricing. :)
KIA Corp does not accept factory orders for specific models. I got this direct from KIA.com. Dealers don't have a clue!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #197 ·
We were told that the order entry system is open but it would take upwards of 10 months to get one in. Wouldn’t that be a 2023 then?

181 - 197 of 197 Posts