Kia Carnival Forum banner

161 - 180 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
"The are all broken. Our dealer told us KIA has issued a recall and dealers are ordering the inverter to fix the issue. Apparently the part doesn’t even exist yet and it’ll be a minimum of 2-3 months before dealers get the part."

Well, I had mentioned 4 days ago (in Drawbacks) that I hoped Kia had not forgotten to install the inverter. Boy, I hate to be right.....

I do have a portable inverter (looks like a coffee mug) that plugs into the 12V and gives me 2 110V outlets. That will have to work for me for the next couple months.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is rear entertainment system coming with a pair of kia headphones? If not, what are the frequencies? Can anybody help? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I checked out an Astra Blue SX that my local dealer just got in. That is pretty much the trim and color I want. Unfortunately the dealer markup was $4999 and the "protection package" was $1999. Sales person said he could probably get the markup down to $2999 but the protection package wasn't negotiable. I guess I'll wait a few months or more until the supply has increased and the fuel rail issue is resolved! I will also look at dealers further away but I was hoping to keep it local.

·
Registered
2021 Odyssey EXL, 2022 Carnival SX
78 Posts
I checked out an Astra Blue SX that my local dealer just got in. That is pretty much the trim and color I want. Unfortunately the dealer markup was $4999 and the "protection package" was $1999. Sales person said he could probably get the markup down to $2999 but the protection package wasn't negotiable. I guess I'll wait a few months or more until the supply has increased and the fuel rail issue is resolved! I will also look at dealers further away but I was hoping to keep it local.
Keep on looking for a better deal, might be even in your area. If we won’t give it to them they won’t be able to up-charge
I dealt with a dealer who wanted to charge a premium and tried to make me think that supply is crazy limited and I won’t find anyone who has the color I want bla bla.
Found a dealer just 30 miles away who sold it to me below MSRP

·
Registered
78 Posts
When I test drove it I checked if they can be removed.
Seemed to me that the cable is just a clip/plug and by removing 2 screws the screen should come off and leave just a small part of the bracket sticking out of the seat
It’s six screws total. See picture, the bracket might become a weapon in case of an accident. I’d appreciate if anyone can guide me on how to remove it
C1F71D67-D424-424A-B6CB-45D4C9026931.png

·
Registered
64 Posts
Whoa, that looks dangerous. It also looks like it was installed on the seat prior to the plastic back being attached. I will ask my son, the former auto mechanic (BMW) if he has any ideas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Keep on looking for a better deal, might be even in your area. If we won’t give it to them they won’t be able to up-charge
I dealt with a dealer who wanted to charge a premium and tried to make me think that supply is crazy limited and I won’t find anyone who has the color I want bla bla.
Found a dealer just 30 miles away who sold it to me below MSRP
I shopped around for SX in NJ. The price range was from +5,000 from MSRP to -1,000 MSRP. I would never pay above MSRP

·
Registered
64 Posts
My son believes (as do I) that you would need to remove the plastic back of the seat in order to remove that bracket. He does not recommend attempting that feat. An alternative would be to pad that bracket. I was also considering removing the screens, but will probably just leave them in place for now.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My son believes (as do I) that you would need to remove the plastic back of the seat in order to remove that bracket. He does not recommend attempting that feat. An alternative would be to pad that bracket. I was also considering removing the screens, but will probably just leave them in place for now.
Thank you. I will ask the dealership service if they can remove it when I take it in for the fuel line.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For those that were able to purchase the car below MSRP, could you share how you were able to negotiate the price for the car that is in much demand and how much under did you get it for?

Also if you take the $750 rebate for their financing deal, how much up front fee comes with this financing And is there an early payoff penalty?

·
Registered
8 Posts
For those that were able to purchase the car below MSRP, could you share how you were able to negotiate the price for the car that is in much demand and how much under did you get it for?

Also if you take the $750 rebate for their financing deal, how much up front fee comes with this financing And is there an early payoff penalty?
i just asked if they would sell under msrp and my dealer said they would could go $1000 under. As for the financing, I don’t believe there was any upfront fee for it and there is no early payoff penalty. I was told by the dealer to keep it at least two months just to be sure all the paperwork caught up before paying it off to avoid any hassle with getting me the correct title.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
i just asked if they would sell under msrp and my dealer said they would could go $1000 under. As for the financing, I don’t believe there was any upfront fee for it and there is no early payoff penalty. I was told by the dealer to keep it at least two months just to be sure all the paperwork caught up before paying it off to avoid any hassle with getting me the correct title.
Our dealer said we could pay off immediately without any issues and that was the only thing we could get off MSRP in our tri-state area. Most other dealerships had market adjustments, ceramic coatings, and window etchings added on. Finding one that didn't was challenge enough.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Our dealer said we could pay off immediately without any issues and that was the only thing we could get off MSRP in our tri-state area. Most other dealerships had market adjustments, ceramic coatings, and window etchings added on. Finding one that didn't was challenge enough.
I was thinking of taking advantage of the 750 rebate for financing but also read that dealer charges origination fee (1-2% of loan amount) for processing your loan. Is this correct? If one was to take out 30,000 loan with 2% fee and pay off the balance right away, you could be saving about $150 off (from 750 rebate).

Did the dealer charge this origination fee for your loan and do you know what percentage they charged?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
I was thinking of taking advantage of the 750 rebate for financing but also read that dealer charges origination fee (1-2% of loan amount) for processing your loan. Is this correct? If one was to take out 30,000 loan with 2% fee and pay off the balance right away, you could be saving about $150 off (from 750 rebate).

Did the dealer charge this origination fee for your loan and do you know what percentage they charged?
There was no origination fee for the loan at the dealership I used. I would look elsewhere or negotiate with them on the 'fee'. It was the price of the car -$750 which was then the loan amount. The minimum loan, IIRC is $15K to get the $750 back.

161 - 180 of 197 Posts