Kia Carnival Forum banner

81 - 100 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Isn't it odd that there are so few SX-Prestige available? Tons of LX. Usually at launch- the top trim is the only one available!
It may depend on what each dealership tries to grab up? There are plenty here in central Texas but I’m trying to go for just sx as the Prestige has been priced too much for us. Asking at the least 5K over Msrp

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sienna platinum is a little difficult but I test drove one. not bad but rear visibility is awful. and despite the excellent mileage - kinda wish they had a v6 option.
Agreed. We were originally in the market for a Sienna. Test drove it and liked it. But same thing, V6 as an option would have been nice. Also anything above a FWD XLE, you cannot get a 8 seater; some have a spare tire, some don't; can only get one interior color in the platinum etc. Just too many weird choices they expect the buyer to make

·
Registered
24 Posts
It may depend on what each dealership tries to grab up? There are plenty here in central Texas but I’m trying to go for just sx as the Prestige has been priced too much for us. Asking at the least 5K over Msrp
Haven't seen a single one of any trim yet here in North Texas (DFW area). Surprising.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Haven't seen a single one of any trim yet here in North Texas (DFW area). Surprising.
West Austin location has a Prestige & Round rock I believe as well. South Austin has SX, can’t remember if Prestige as well. I’m looking at just SX. San Antonio are has Prestige

·
Registered
12 Posts
West Austin location has a Prestige & Round rock I believe as well. South Austin has SX, can’t remember if Prestige as well. I’m looking at just SX. San Antonio are has Prestige
Not sure about this. I checked their website and they don’t even have Carnival listed. Can you share link?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not sure about this. I checked their website and they don’t even have Carnival listed. Can you share link?
You have to call around. They don’t put it on their website as they haven’t received them yet. It’s set for around April 12the now, used to be April 4th they had an estimated date of arrival.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You have to call around. They don’t put it on their website as they haven’t received them yet. It’s set for around April 12the now, used to be April 4th they had an estimated date of arrival.
Also, they may have a wait list starting for some of these Carnivals but it should be short or no list yet as people don’t see carnivals on the website yet

·
Registered
18 Posts
I see a lot of SX being called SX prestige. If its under 46k MSRP its not a prestige.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anybody bought one yet? The dealer I was talking to sent me a picture of the Carnivals arriving on a truck, and told me two hours later that both were sold. Other dealers are trying markups here in Atlanta. Wondering if you guys are buying at MSRP, higher or lower. I am not paying more than MSRP no matter how good the vehicle may be!
Here's what I got from another dealer this morning for a SX

Sales Price $ 42,970
Accessories $ 1,744.99
Govt Fee $ 119
Customer Service Fee $ 720
Taxes $ 3,005.24
Amount Financed $ 48,559.23

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anybody bought one yet? The dealer I was talking to sent me a picture of the Carnivals arriving on a truck, and told me two hours later that both were sold. Other dealers are trying markups here in Atlanta. Wondering if you guys are buying at MSRP, higher or lower. I am not paying more than MSRP no matter how good the vehicle may be!

Sales Price $ 42,970
Accessories $ 1,744.99
Govt Fee $ 119
Taxes $ 3,005.24
I haven’t purchased yet. From what I gathered from others, the SX & Prestige are def marked up. Lower trims seem to be at Msrp. Here in Texas, the lowest I’ve found for SX so far is 46K so I need to decide soon as there are waiting lists/ deposits being placed on these carnivals. The Kias in not so populated cities seem to have a little lower of a price.

·
Registered
12 Posts

Sales Price $ 42,970
Accessories $ 1,744.99
Govt Fee $ 119
Taxes $ 3,005.24
Picking up an SX on Monday morning. No dealer add ons or accessories and in fact even a couple thousand off MSRP not including the manufacturer rebates for financing and military. So, will see if it’s too good to be true! I’m flying to get it from a dealer that’s about 10 miles away from my family but wasn’t going to pay $6k over MSRP here in Texas. Nuts!

good luck...that customer service fee is laughable in my opinion. What’s included in the accessories exactly ie are those things you requested or stiff the dealer is packaging as part of the deal (nitrogen, window tint etc)?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Picking up an SX on Monday morning. No dealer add ons or accessories and in fact even a couple thousand off MSRP not including the manufacturer rebates for financing and military. So, will see if it’s too good to be true! I’m flying to get it from a dealer that’s about 10 miles away from my family but wasn’t going to pay $6k over MSRP here in Texas. Nuts!

good luck...that customer service fee is laughable in my opinion. What’s included in the accessories exactly ie are those things you requested or stiff the dealer is packaging as part of the deal (nitrogen, window tint etc)?
2K of MSRP is great! Let us know how it goes. I might go to the same dealer if that dealer is east of TX. That dealer who sent me this quote never responded to my question on what was included in that accessories cost. Rest assured, that dealer is not getting my business :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got one snow-white SX last week with ~$500 off from MSRP. THE total OTD price is roughly $46K. Some dealers are willing to sell at MSRP, and one dealer in Indiana is willing to give a $500 discount to get my business, so I finally get a similar result at a local dealer (I live in Illinois) after showing them my quote I received.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We just put down a deposit for SX-P at MSRP. Dealer initially said they would "put in an order," but after trying they said the KIA system will not yet allow them to spec SX-P's. So we'll be first in line for a custom order at our local dealer, but we don't have clear info on when car would actually arrive. They said that generally with Kia's coming from Korea they aren't assigned a specific build-slot for cars. Instead KIA makes a mix of cars and when you "custom order," you usually are "matched" to a car that has already been produced and may already be on the boat. They guessed 2-3 months but, again, no hard data. Just thought I would pass along.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Carnival SX
34 Posts
The price you can get is dependent on how the local dealers feel about Telluride mark up, Carnival will be seen as a substitute for Telluride for people who want something even bigger. In the bay area Telluride mark up is in the ~10K range, i.e. the 46K SX AWDs are selling for 56K, a hundred miles out to central valley and the mark ups are down to 5K. I imagine in mid-west the mark up would be in the 2-5K range and you'll be more likely to get a MSRP or even a discount.

Check truecar or visit dealership website for your local Telluride mark up average.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
We just put a deposit down for an SX-P at MSRP as well. Most dealers were either charging $5K markup or had a bunch of junk tacked on like window etching for $399 and some stain guard for $1600 or a combination of both. Finding one that didn't have that awful Tuscan Umber orange was also a challenge. It's not that the leather in that color is so bad but the plastic cupholders in the back in that orange is just atrocious. We did end up paying $60 for wheel locks and $95 for a cargo mat that we really didn't need but that was on the sticker from the factory.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We just put a deposit down for an SX-P at MSRP as well. Most dealers were either charging $5K markup or had a bunch of junk tacked on like window etching for $399 and some stain guard for $1600 or a combination of both. Finding one that didn't have that awful Tuscan Umber orange was also a challenge. It's not that the leather in that color is so bad but the plastic cupholders in the back in that orange is just atrocious. We did end up paying $60 for wheel locks and $95 for a cargo mat that we really didn't need but that was on the sticker from the factory.
Congratulations! Which part of the country are you in? Minivans seem to be a hot commodity in general. I can't seem to find the right Carnival or my other choice Sienna anywhere. I like both for completely different reasons and am fine with either, but can't seem to find the trim and color combination I want!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sacramento area. We ordered from Folsom Lake KIA. I thought about being more strategic and finding a high-volume dealer that might get the car sooner, but we decided to give the business to our local dealer and hope for the best. They charge premiums for Tellurides and at first wanted to take the order at "market price" (give them option to charge me same premium they might start charging on floor inventory), but the ultimately agreed to MSRP.

Congratulations! Which part of the country are you in? Minivans seem to be a hot commodity in general. I can't seem to find the right Carnival or my other choice Sienna anywhere. I like both for completely different reasons and am fine with either, but can't seem to find the trim and color combination I want!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
We are outside Philly which is one of the main ports of entry on the East Coast. It wasn't until today that we were able to find a number of SX-P's available in the area. By a number, I mean less than 10 throughout the tri-state area (NJ, PA, DE). The only way we found them was calling each Kia dealership in the area and asking what they had coming. Last week, that same round of phone calls sourced two in the area. Apparently, there is a batch up them scheduled to arrive any day (April 4th is the target). After my experience with Kia Consumer Relations, I was quite annoyed to the point that we almost pulled the trigger on a Sienna but the price in a like for like vs the Carnival was much more expensive. We also seriously considered the Pacifica-H but reliability scared us away. Hoping that Kia's reliability is decent and won't have to make too many trips to the dealer; if ever.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We are outside Philly which is one of the main ports of entry on the East Coast. It wasn't until today that we were able to find a number of SX-P's available in the area. By a number, I mean less than 10 throughout the tri-state area (NJ, PA, DE). The only way we found them was calling each Kia dealership in the area and asking what they had coming. Last week, that same round of phone calls sourced two in the area. Apparently, there is a batch up them scheduled to arrive any day (April 4th is the target). After my experience with Kia Consumer Relations, I was quite annoyed to the point that we almost pulled the trigger on a Sienna but the price in a like for like vs the Carnival was much more expensive. We also seriously considered the Pacifica-H but reliability scared us away. Hoping that Kia's reliability is decent and won't have to make too many trips to the dealer; if ever.
Availability in Atlanta isn't that bad. After the first 2-3 days when the ones I was looking at were promptly sold out, I have not seen others move as fast. Having said that, we did not find the color combination we were looking for, so ended up pulling the trigger on a Sienna just now. We liked both equally for very different reasons. I also finally found the Sienna albeit 4 hours away that had everything I wanted.

81 - 100 of 158 Posts