Kia Carnival Forum banner

101 - 120 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Picking up an SX on Monday morning. No dealer add ons or accessories and in fact even a couple thousand off MSRP not including the manufacturer rebates for financing and military. So, will see if it’s too good to be true! I’m flying to get it from a dealer that’s about 10 miles away from my family but wasn’t going to pay $6k over MSRP here in Texas. Nuts!
Hi all - just following up as the pickup went as smooth as possible and no surprises thankfully! Price of the SX was $39,497 after rebates (financing and military) and no trade.

Driving back to Texas today. I really appreciated this dealer's approach (upfront pricing well under MSRP, no add ons, reasonable doc fee ($125) and they didn't push the extended warranty too hard either. It looks like their Tellurides are about at MSRP. I worked with Dan Chapman there if anyone is interested in reaching out.

Jeff Belzier's Kia in Lakeville, MN

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all - just following up as the pickup went as smooth as possible and no surprises thankfully! Price of the SX was $39,497 after rebates (financing and military) and no trade.

Driving back to Texas today. I really appreciated this dealer's approach (upfront pricing well under MSRP, no add ons, reasonable doc fee ($125) and they didn't push the extended warranty too hard either. It looks like their Tellurides are about at MSRP. I worked with Dan Chapman there if anyone is interested in reaching out.

That’s really great! I’m paying 46K out the door. If I had the means to travel to get a better deal, I would too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We are outside Philly which is one of the main ports of entry on the East Coast. It wasn't until today that we were able to find a number of SX-P's available in the area. By a number, I mean less than 10 throughout the tri-state area (NJ, PA, DE). The only way we found them was calling each Kia dealership in the area and asking what they had coming. Last week, that same round of phone calls sourced two in the area. Apparently, there is a batch up them scheduled to arrive any day (April 4th is the target). After my experience with Kia Consumer Relations, I was quite annoyed to the point that we almost pulled the trigger on a Sienna but the price in a like for like vs the Carnival was much more expensive. We also seriously considered the Pacifica-H but reliability scared us away. Hoping that Kia's reliability is decent and won't have to make too many trips to the dealer; if ever.
I think the SX-P I reserved is in that batch. Dealership in Northern VA gave me an ETA of April 6th for mine to arrive, and the port of entry is Philly.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Thanks for the report! What was the MSRP?

·
Registered
16 Posts
We are outside Philly which is one of the main ports of entry on the East Coast. It wasn't until today that we were able to find a number of SX-P's available in the area. By a number, I mean less than 10 throughout the tri-state area (NJ, PA, DE). The only way we found them was calling each Kia dealership in the area and asking what they had coming. Last week, that same round of phone calls sourced two in the area. Apparently, there is a batch up them scheduled to arrive any day (April 4th is the target). After my experience with Kia Consumer Relations, I was quite annoyed to the point that we almost pulled the trigger on a Sienna but the price in a like for like vs the Carnival was much more expensive. We also seriously considered the Pacifica-H but reliability scared us away. Hoping that Kia's reliability is decent and won't have to make too many trips to the dealer; if ever.
Which dealership(s) outside Philly? I'm grew up outside Philly (family still there), but now live 1.5-2 hours away. I'm open to coming down to see and get a SX-P sooner. I haven't seen much inventory on Autotrader in the Philly area.

TIA!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Which dealership(s) outside Philly? I'm grew up outside Philly (family still there), but now live 1.5-2 hours away. I'm open to coming down to see and get a SX-P sooner. I haven't seen much inventory on Autotrader in the Philly area.

TIA!
Kia of (South) Philly, Kia of West Chester, Murphy Kia, Kia of Lancaster, and Kia of Springfield (Scott Kia) all have SX-P's coming in inventory next week, supposedly. I would recommend avoiding the dealer in West Chester and Cherry Hill as they have huge markups and/or are rude. Cherry Hill literally hung up on us saying, "I can't talk to you right now, we have too many customers in our showroom". The other places were willing to let them go for MSRP at the time we negotiated. The DE Kia's don't have any SX-P's the last the called and Kia of Cherry Hill will claim they have an SX-P but it's really just an SX.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got one snow-white SX last week with ~$500 off from MSRP. THE total OTD price is roughly $46K. Some dealers are willing to sell at MSRP, and one dealer in Indiana is willing to give a $500 discount to get my business, so I finally get a similar result at a local dealer (I live in Illinois) after showing them my quote I received.
Could you post a picture? Also , according to Kia website , SX comes with digital instrument cluster and blind spot cameras. Is that true?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Just heard that the initial round of SX-P coming through port of Philly has been delayed until April 12th.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the following deal in place for an EX on Wednesday, March 31, at a large multi-line dealer in Columbus, OH. After a 30 miles test drive, the easily negotiated price was $36,000 on an MRSP of $39,025. That included the then $750 rebate. However, while signing the papers in the finance office, I declined to execute the dealer's arbitration agreement, so they refused to proceed. With the rebate going away yesterday and KIA's 2.25% financing offer rising, I probably missed out of a fairly good deal.

The vehicle drove well. It was quiet. The build quality was good. The steering was a bit light. Some controls seemed too small. The safety devices worked flawlessly. The front seats were exceptionally hard, so much so that I returned home for a pillow during the test drive. Overall though, it's well-packaged and a good value, although not if marked-up.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
I had the following deal in place for an EX on Wednesday, March 31, at a large multi-line dealer in Columbus, OH. After a 30 miles test drive, the easily negotiated price was $36,000 on an MRSP of $39,025. That included the then $750 rebate. However, while signing the papers in the finance office, I declined to execute the dealer's arbitration agreement, so they refused to proceed. With the rebate going away yesterday and KIA's 2.25% financing offer rising, I probably missed out of a fairly good deal.

The vehicle drove well. It was quiet. The build quality was good. The steering was a bit light. Some controls seemed too small. The safety devices worked flawlessly. The front seats were exceptionally hard, so much so that I returned home for a pillow during the test drive. Overall though, it's well-packaged and a good value, although not if marked-up.
For that kind of pricing, I might have been tempted to sign the dealer arbitration. Not sure Ohio law, but some states like California do not allow for arbitration agreements like that, even if signed. Was there anything egregious in the agreement or community reviews of the dealership that made you hold off? That is certainly the best pricing I've heard or seen.

·
Registered
4 Posts

That sounds like a good deal. What was the OTD price?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I should have added that the doc fee would have been $250 in addition to the $36,000 price and then 6.75% tax. The doc fee is taxable in Ohio as is any rebate, so tax would have been on $37,000.

To Phantasm22's point: let's just say that the dealer does not have a sterlilng reputation and the last time that I tired to deal with them (years ago), they refused to give back my keys after looking at my trade until I threatened to call the cops.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I worked with Dan Chapman there if anyone is interested in reaching out.
Excellent.... Belzer's a great dealership, I'll look Dan up when I get back for the summer! They did my Corvette service until I moved it to AZ.
I stopped at a dealer in Scottsdale AZ on Tuesday who just got an SX in. They only wanted to sell me what they had. Looked on the computer and claimed the Prestige model was not even in production yet. I had to educate the sales mgr and saleman using the catalog.....what a Prestige is. :rolleyes:

I'm in Detroit Thursday and stop at a dealer in Novi who waiting for a black SX-P that's on their website. Showed me the rail tracking software they have as it was passing thru MN.

101 - 120 of 158 Posts