Kia Carnival Forum banner

121 - 140 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
What made you go for the EX over the SX, if you don't mind me asking.
I saw both but could not see enough of a difference between the two to warrant the upgrade. Only noticeable difference to me is the front grill. It is nice but I cannot find an SX without the 2nd row screens and I am afraid my kids would just end up breaking them by accident, they are kind of in the way.

EX just seems to have most of what I want.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I saw both but could not see enough of a difference between the two to warrant the upgrade. Only noticeable difference to me is the front grill. It is nice but I cannot find an SX without the 2nd row screens and I am afraid my kids would just end up breaking them by accident, they are kind of in the way.

Agreed. I’d much prefer an SX without the screens and instead get the blind spot camera and 12” instrument gauge and also pocket the remaining savings or apply it to sunroofs.

Screens should be optional on all trims or only standard on the SXP.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for that. Disappointing to hear but better to know now rather than later.
Purchased a EX 3 days ago. The frame over the tail pipe on the passenger side is exposed and has 3 treaded holes for the hitch bolts. On the drivers side there is a small removable plastic panel right under the rear fender that exposes the frame with 3 treaded holes in it. There is a glued in center panel that you don’t touch mounting the hitch.

·
Registered
18 Posts

My wife said the same thing about the screens. Why don't they fold away?

·
Registered
2021 Odyssey EXL, 2022 Carnival SX
49 Posts
When I test drove it I checked if they can be removed.
Seemed to me that the cable is just a clip/plug and by removing 2 screws the screen should come off and leave just a small part of the bracket sticking out of the seat

·
Registered
12 Posts
I visited a dealer in Austin based on my interest on the Prestige trim. They have one coming in a week apparentl. I looked at the sticker and it was $48,065. This would be the msrp and as most of us on the forum know it is unlikely to be negotiated by the dealer. So the price I was quoted was $58,065. A $10,000 premium.

While I like the Carnival Prestige trim, there is no way I can ever look at My wife and say “honey...I forked over 10 grands extra for this shiny car”...It is a minivan christ sake:mad:.

Has anyone yet paid premium on prestige trim?

As I walked around and looked at a Telluride at this dealer, this car too had $10,000 premium on it.

what are my option? Switch to Sienna or wait out a year or more for this trim to be sold at msrp?

I am in Austin and any help to get hold of prestige trim is appreciate.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I visited a dealer in Austin based on my interest on the Prestige trim. They have one coming in a week apparentl. I looked at the sticker and it was $48,065. This would be the msrp and as most of us on the forum know it is unlikely to be negotiated by the dealer. So the price I was quoted was $58,065. A $10,000 premium.

While I like the Carnival Prestige trim, there is no way I can ever look at My wife and say “honey...I forked over 10 grands extra for this shiny car”...It is a minivan christ sake:mad:.

Has anyone yet paid premium on prestige trim?

As I walked around and looked at a Telluride at this dealer, this car too had $10,000 premium on it.

what are my option? Switch to Sienna or wait out a year or more for this trim to be sold at msrp?

I am in Austin and any help to get hold of prestige trim is appreciate.
Yeah I'm guessing you went to one of the Southwest Kia locations in Austin? I called them too a few weeks ago about an SX and they were happy to tell me I could reserve one for only $6k over MSRP. $10k is nuts! I literally laughed and said the same as you - it's still a minivan. Long story short this forced me to buy mine out of state well under MSRP which was worth the drive at least for me. Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah I'm guessing you went to one of the Southwest Kia locations in Austin? I called them too a few weeks ago about an SX and they were happy to tell me I could reserve one for only $6k over MSRP. $10k is nuts! I literally laughed and said the same as you - it's still a minivan. Long story short this forced me to buy mine out of state well under MSRP which was worth the drive at least for me. Good luck!
you are correct about SW Kia. which dealer did you get it from?

·
Registered
12 Posts
you are correct about SW Kia. which dealer did you get it from?
A dealer in Minnesota actually (near family)! Jeff Belzer Kia.

You might try contacting some of the dealers in smaller towns around Texas i.e. Wichita Falls...some of them seemed willing to sell the SX at MSRP. I can't speak for their inventory or inbound though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I spoke with 3 dealers in NJ
1 wanted 7K above MSRP for SX
2 wanted 4K above MSRP for any trim
3 was willing to sell SXP at MSRP
So you gotta shop around.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Dealer told me today that our SX-P has been delayed again, coming into Port of Philly on April 25th. The sales manager was working with other dealerships that were getting deliveries from the west coast but said almost all were charging a $5k markup for dealer to dealer transfer. He said that he doesn't play games like that with his customers and won't play games like that with other dealers. So, perhaps a bit more waiting for us here on the East Coast.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dealer told me today that our SX-P has been delayed again, coming into Port of Philly on April 25th. The sales manager was working with other dealerships that were getting deliveries from the west coast but said almost all were charging a $5k markup for dealer to dealer transfer. He said that he doesn't play games like that with his customers and won't play games like that with other dealers. So, perhaps a bit more waiting for us here on the East Coast.

A dealer from central Texas sent me three window stickers for SX-P. Now waiting for them to get back to me on the price. I am only good if they are ok with MSRP. Makes no sense paying any Premium or Markups.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #136

A dealer from central Texas sent me three window stickers for SX-P. Now waiting for them to get back to me on the price. I am only good if they are ok with MSRP. Makes no sense paying any Premium or Markups.
Do they have them actually in stock down there? I've had our window sticker for quite some time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do they have them actually in stock down there? I've had our window sticker for quite some time.
You are right. They are “incoming”. I am trying to get the costing from this dealer to see what they quote. If MSRP then I will book and wait.

The sticker do state sold to this dealer. Any tricks to check status using the vehicle ID#?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
You are right. They are “incoming”. I am trying to get the costing from this dealer to see what they quote. If MSRP then I will book and wait.

The sticker do state sold to this dealer. Any tricks to check status using the vehicle ID#?
If it's port of philly; it's likely a couple weeks out. I don't know of any other way other than asking the dealer on the ETA.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was just checking some dealer websites and saw a couple of real surprises:

1) Dealer in Lafayette, IN, has marked up an EX more than $5000 on their website; and

2) Superior KIA in Cincinnati has an SX Prestige discounted some $1600 from MSRP plus the $750 rebate for a savings of about $2400. The color is Ceramic.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was just checking some dealer websites and saw a couple of real surprises:

1) Dealer in Lafayette, IN, has marked up an EX more than $5000 on their website; and

2) Superior KIA in Cincinnati has an SX Prestige discounted some $1600 from MSRP plus the $750 rebate for a savings of about $2400. The color is Ceramic.
Oh wow! #2 is a great surprise!

Edit: Discount posted now is $2

121 - 140 of 158 Posts